Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

It’s the ixion/ironfrog equiv off the expac along with an elephant suit
e; and yes they showed it off on their Instagram account which is the typical place they like to show off new mounts and emotes

RME fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I have finished Endwalker! :toot:

Now I can read the black bars and follow the spoiler thread again!

I feel bad for the folks who don't like Zenos and don't want to interact with him but I loved the one on one against him. His fight was very fun. And he CAME TO HELP and I felt very validated that I thought that was gonna happen

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

RME posted:

It’s the ixion/ironfrog equiv off the expac along with an elephant suit
e; and yes they showed it off on their Instagram account which is the typical place they like to show off new mounts and emotes

That does explain where the elephant mask I saw came from.

And yeah, a square arena typically indicates an "epic fate" that pops every few days

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Zone 6 spoilers, but I just had to stop and take a screenshot of this Sightseeing spot.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I have finished Endwalker! :toot:

Now I can read the black bars and follow the spoiler thread again!

I feel bad for the folks who don't like Zenos and don't want to interact with him but I loved the one on one against him. His fight was very fun. And he CAME TO HELP and I felt very validated that I thought that was gonna happen

Yeah I honestly went into the expansion wishing he wasn't in it at all, and still it might have been better to leave him aside (or have him be the one to die as Zodiark), but the end fight loving owned. I get that it's weird for him to be an after the real boss fight, but oh well, it was cool anyway.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

hazardousmouse posted:

That does explain where the elephant mask I saw came from.

And yeah, a square arena typically indicates an "epic fate" that pops every few days

To be fair there's only actually been one of those before and Archaeotania's arena is easily overlooked on the map since it's surrounded by a walkable area. It's only the two this expansion that are very clearly marked "a boss FATE happens here and you need to fly to get to it".

Otherwise all world FATE bosses happen on unassuming fields.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can anyone write/have a brief guide on Sage? Not really too familiar with healers, I’ve only really played white made before this. Either Sage is really simple, or it’s complex and I have no idea what I’m doing!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If I had a note for any character in the game, it would be [not really a spoiler, but it was sparked by endgame stuff, so I'm going to be cautious here] G'raha, you're coming on a little strong, pal! It's moving a little past endearing into borderline smothering imo. At least Alisaie has the rivalry thing and interacts with Alphinaud enough to keep her from going full clinger mode.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Thundarr posted:

To be fair there's only actually been one of those before and Archaeotania's arena is easily overlooked on the map since it's surrounded by a walkable area. It's only the two this expansion that are very clearly marked "a boss FATE happens here and you need to fly to get to it".

Otherwise all world FATE bosses happen on unassuming fields.

The OG King Behemoth has an area in Coerthas for him. I can't remember what came after him, but having two areas for the two fates is a new change for sure.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm at MSQ 84 and my reactions so far have been a lot of :tviv:

Staying as blind as I possibly can until I reach the end. I had to turn off FC chat a couple days ago because people wouldn't stop reacthing to things, which is disappointing because usually PBC is a lot better at not spoiling the current patch story.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sinteres posted:

If I had a note for any character in the game, it would be [not really a spoiler, but it was sparked by endgame stuff, so I'm going to be cautious here] G'raha, you're coming on a little strong, pal! It's moving a little past endearing into borderline smothering imo. At least Alisaie has the rivalry thing and interacts with Alphinaud enough to keep her from going full clinger mode.

Tbh, I dislike this character for precisely this reason, so you're not alone.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Yeah I honestly went into the expansion wishing he wasn't in it at all, and still it might have been better to leave him aside (or have him be the one to die as Zodiark), but the end fight loving owned. I get that it's weird for him to be an after the real boss fight, but oh well, it was cool anyway.

I think it's gonna be one of the more divisive points of the expansion, along with the infamous Garlemald solo duty. I personally liked it.

(end endwalker) It was a neat way to deviate from the traditional "fight epic last boss and go home for the parade" conclusion; here, we have the WoL who's already saved the universe, settle a personal score too. I still think Zenos could've been completely removed from the expansion, and they didn't really know what to do with him, but it was a pretty cool "scouring of the shire" kind of epilogue thing. Plus, the trailer music with the themes from every expansion and his abilities mirroring the various primals we've fought so far really wrapped the series up in a satisfying way. If this was the end of FFXIV, it'd be a good way to go.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sinteres posted:

I think the difference is that with G'raha, it feels like a clingy romantic attachment, but with Alisaie, it feels more like hero worship, which has a pretty different vibe.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Macaluso posted:

I think the way they handled Zenos was probably the best I could have wished for and I was frankly surprised I didn't hate it (the dragon bit helped), but I hate Zenos and I think he's been around for 2 expansions too long.

It was a good resolution to a plot that shouldn't have existed.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Harrow posted:

I think the difference is that with G'raha, it feels like a clingy romantic attachment, but with Alisaie, it feels more like hero worship, which has a pretty different vibe.

I think it's meant to be a little ambiguous in both cases since they've acknowledged that players have those sorts of attachments to these characters and ship them with the WoL, but that they just hosed up G'raha by overdoing it, maybe in reaction to all the G'raha fandom after 5.3.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sinteres posted:

acumen posted:

I think it's gonna be one of the more divisive points of the expansion, along with the infamous Garlemald solo duty. I personally liked it.

(end endwalker) It was a neat way to deviate from the traditional "fight epic last boss and go home for the parade" conclusion; here, we have the WoL who's already saved the universe, settle a personal score too. I still think Zenos could've been completely removed from the expansion, and they didn't really know what to do with him, but it was a pretty cool "scouring of the shire" kind of epilogue thing. Plus, the trailer music with the themes from every expansion and his abilities mirroring the various primals we've fought so far really wrapped the series up in a satisfying way. If this was the end of FFXIV, it'd be a good way to go.

For me I think it worked because it was sort of a climax to Zenos's search for meaning and purpose throughout the whole expansion. I don't think it's that they didn't know what they wanted to do with Zenos--rather, it's that he was never the expansion's villain. That was a misdirect. He's instead another character working through one of the themes as he see his attempt to meaning in apparent meaninglessness. The final duel with him is the climax of that and I think a fitting thematic conclusion. The Warrior of Light is the one person he feels like could ever understand him, the person he can share his transcendent experience with, and he gets to do that--the WoL and Zenos share that moment together, a final clash at the edge of the universe. And in the end, Zenos dies questioning whether he was really fulfilled after all.

Anyway I thought it absolutely ruled as a conclusion, right down to the fistfight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m glad they gave us the option to tell him that he was right about who we are and what we wanted. Finishing the game with a fist fight with my best friend is a wonderful way to wrap up the story.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m glad they gave us the option to tell him that he was right about who we are and what we wanted. Finishing the game with a fist fight with my best friend is a wonderful way to wrap up the story.

Not with you on the best friend part, but I do like when they present the WoL as having stupid Goku energy and just wanting to fight everything for the challenge, so I picked that option too.

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

wizardofloneliness posted:

Exactly, the music was great for that particular part of the MSQ, but I don't need it playing constantly throughout the entire zone now. Just put it in a particular area or take out the vocals at least. The original BGM was nice and chill and fit the area really well, now it's just a little too much.

Agreed, I was disappointed to find out there isn't an orchestrion for the version of the song that plays when you first reach the zone. It gave me Disintegration Loops/Everywhere at the End of Time vibes and I wanted to have it playing in my house.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
MSQ in general LMAO I love how done with Zenos everybody is. Any time he shows up, they're UGH THIS GUY no we're not gonna fight you gently caress off already would you?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Can anyone write/have a brief guide on Sage? Not really too familiar with healers, I’ve only really played white made before this. Either Sage is really simple, or it’s complex and I have no idea what I’m doing!

The biggest standout difference is that SGE doesn't have the same level of gigantic instant healing that something like WHM does. You have a number of smaller tools that, when added together, help you meet or exceed the protection and healing other healers can offer.

In no particular order:
  • Keep Kardia on the tank for the majority of a dungeon. It's possible to swap it between targets during bosses to get more efficient healing, but this is tricky and not really required. Make sure to preshield them before pulls with Eukrasian Diagnosis.
  • Alternate between Kerachole and Taurachole on the tank during pulls. Both of them provide 10% DR for 15s that doesn't stack, so you generally want to hit the tank with Taurachole when Kerachole has finished and when the tank's lost enough HP to get good value out of Taurachole's heal. This will give enough time for Kerachole to cycle back around to keep the 10% DR up more-or-less permanently unless a pull goes on for longer than 1:30 for some godawful reason.
  • Alternate between using Haima and Panhaima (once you get it) during pulls. Panhaima is the weaker of the two, since it's 1000 Potency vs. 1500 Potency, but it's still a considerable shield. Don't overlap them, and try to only use one per pull. Make up for any gaps in healing with Physis, Soteria, and Druochole.
  • Once you get Krasis, toss it on the tank before casting Haima/Panhaima and Kerachole. The 20% potency to healing actions will boost both Haima/Panhaima and Kerachole, giving you significantly more value out of those actions.
  • When dealing with AoE damage during bosses, use Panhaima if it's either a multihit attack, or if you know for a fact that there isn't any more AoE damage coming out for the rest of the duration of Panhaima. If you don't have Panhaima, use a combination of Physis, Kerachole (which you should try to cast a second or two before the attack hits; you'll lose a tick of healing but gain the DR), and Ixochole, depending on how much damage everyone's taking. Use Holos if a big AoE is coming down and you don't have Kerachole available. If you don't have any Addersgall, use Zoe + Pneuma or regular Prognosis.
The only big difference for DPS compared to White Mage is that Phlegma runs off a cooldown with charges instead a job gauge, so you want to try and keep it from overcapping and keep yourself perpetually on 0-1 charges. It's best to burn them during big pulls, and then try to save them for the last possible second for using it for movement or double weaving on bosses.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I appreciate that we now know without a shadow of a doubt that Dark Knight as a job is most similar to (86 spoilers sorta) Dancer. Dark Knight and Dancer are the two dynamis using Jobs because they rely upon and/or manipulate emotional states.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MillennialVulcan posted:

MSQ in general LMAO I love how done with Zenos everybody is. Any time he shows up, they're UGH THIS GUY no we're not gonna fight you gently caress off already would you?

The best part is that he's like "well, okay, later then" and just leaves :allears:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

shoc77 posted:

Umm just saw the thread title change. I take it that we will not be getting a new thread for Endwalker? :(

I've been swamped with work and hobby stuff since it's the holidays, there'll be a new thread eventually, either from me or whoever else wants to make it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll see if I can get one in tonight after work, and if not, it'll be by my next day off on Sunday.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oh God the music's still here. I get it game, there was a very exciting call to action three hours ago. You can go back to the old music now. I thought finishing the zone would end it. Please, let me botany in peace!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

I appreciate that we now know without a shadow of a doubt that Dark Knight as a job is most similar to (86 spoilers sorta) Dancer. Dark Knight and Dancer are the two dynamis using Jobs because they rely upon and/or manipulate emotional states.

re: 86 sort of stuff:
I feel dumb at not thinking of this earlier, but ... this sure recontextualizes the dancer job quest line, doesn't it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man I legit forgot that Sage was supposed to be the "shield" healer compared to the others lol... in comparison AST feels like it's been gutted to make room, I think I'm gonna switch

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

OddObserver posted:

re: 86 sort of stuff:
I feel dumb at not thinking of this earlier, but ... this sure recontextualizes the dancer job quest line, doesn't it?

The moment the black smoking started I called out Totentantz. Do we know who wrote those Job quests? Because it felt like an Ishikawa plot at the time to me.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man I legit forgot that Sage was supposed to be the "shield" healer compared to the others lol... in comparison AST feels like it's been gutted to make room, I think I'm gonna switch

Eh? AST lost nothing useful and gained an insane CD at 90, plus removed reliance in RNG for their raid buff.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kyrosiris posted:

Eh? AST lost nothing useful and gained an insane CD at 90, plus removed reliance in RNG for their raid buff.

Yeah, AST feels absolutely bonkers good right now. Can just no-sell entire mechanics and has tools for everything. Main utility off of the card randomness is a blessing too.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The changes to AST only made the job 'worse' if you were playing nocturnal sect aka Bad AST

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, AST feels absolutely bonkers good right now. Can just no-sell entire mechanics and has tools for everything. Main utility off of the card randomness is a blessing too.

Also Giant Earthly Star is loving comical. I've seen boss arenas smaller. It owns.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Exaltation is a better shield than NOCT ASt ever got. Between it and 2 stacks if intercession you are a better shield healer now than you were with a shield stance.

AStrodyne's buffs also mean you never ever worry about MP any more and can occasionally get raging strikes on yourself or heal more while also getting presence of mind. I don't like it better than Original AST (RIP My buttons to extend buffs with) but this is am much much better place now than it has been since ShB dropped.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AST seems like it's in a good place right now but I'm curious about a couple of things: First, you're not supposed to be fishing for three seals for Astrodyne, right? It's generally best to just use it when you can? Second, is anyone else feeling like they changed the timing for what qualifies as "in-combat" for the purposes of gaining seals? I feel like in ShB I eventually got used to how long I needed to wait after my first GCD for me to "enter" combat, and ever since EW launched I've been dropping seals "out of combat" like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
Wow! A new thread!