Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Anyone have a favorite lender for older car purchases? My credit union really jacks up their rates if it's older than 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
Have you tried LightStream? I have a loan through them. Rates look like they went up since 2 years ago, so I don't know how competitive their rates are now.

Check out the website, it's pretty easy to use and see the rates. After applying I had the money in my account in less than 24 hours.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Depends on how old, but credit unions will often show more flexibility with one-offs than big banks.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There is a good reason why banks don't want to lend money on older cars. Your best bet is a personal loan. Every bank is going to jack up the rate because it is extremely likely you will be under water the entire loan.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
How much are you trying to borrow?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Some Guy From NY posted:

Have you tried LightStream? I have a loan through them. Rates look like they went up since 2 years ago, so I don't know how competitive their rates are now.

Check out the website, it's pretty easy to use and see the rates. After applying I had the money in my account in less than 24 hours.

Lightstream's rates aren't all that great right now, but if your credit is good enough they'll just throw an unsecured loan your way. Find whichever of their options if the cheapest and go from there as they never did any kind of follow up to see if I was actually purchasing through a dealer. I've used them twice now and the experience has been completely painless and super easy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are a bunch of different skeezeballs that advertise in dupont registry.

https://www.premierfinancialservices.com/

What kind of Ferrari are you buying?

https://www.woodsidecredit.com/

this one says $100k for $1015/month

e:

* Estimated monthly payment based on 6.75% APR for loan amounts over $50,000, 6.99% APR for loan amounts $25,000-$49,999 or 8.25% APR below $25,000. Loan amounts from $10,000 - $600,000. Loan approval and payments based OAC. Shorter terms available upon request.

that doesn't even sound too terrible.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 29, 2019

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
gently caress that APR, jesus christ

hedgegnome
May 20, 2008
jumping on the lightstream train. i used them a few years ago and was pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I've gone through my local credit union with a personal loan that they later convert to an auto loan after purchase. Get the personal loan rate and they base the amount they're willing to loan on blue book value.