Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hello i'm dickeye! you may or may not know, but i enjoy bad movies, and also strange movies that dont really have any business existing. a few summers ago i got really deep into them with the help of some websites and some video mixtapes and i found myself watching some incredibly baffling things

Fran edit

the most baffling of which was magic lizard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDOj43mPnQ&t=773s

magic lizard is a thai movie. its about a lizard. it has bootleg ultraman footage. it has (illegal!) footage of the thai royal family. it has a water buffalo pooping.

beyond that, i can't tell you what this movie is about because i dont have subtitles for it. what i can tell you is that it is the most unique movie i have ever seen and you'll cowards should watch it and become adults who have sat through Magic Lizard like all the poor souls who were in the stream with me that night.

thank you for watching. god bless you. and god bless the magic lizard.

Fran edit: A Convenient List of Films Previously Seen on Movie of the Month

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I don't appreciate what you're trying to do to me here but I do appreciate that you're trying to do it.

I just sat through a self imposed Tubi app marathon so really how much worse can Magic Lizard be

E: 103 minutes??? Oh man

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo it's back again! We had a thread about it a few years back and it was magical but the link died and I've never been able to find it since. I actually tried to find if it had been released in DVD a couple times but good loving luck figuring that out if you don't speak Thai.

I guess it never came up in my youtube searches because it was blocked in my country, I can only watch the video in the OP via VPN.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I don't appreciate what you're trying to do to me here but I do appreciate that you're trying to do it.

I just sat through a self imposed Tubi app marathon so really how much worse can Magic Lizard be

Magic Lizard is awesome and you're missing out if you don't watch it. Also make sure you keep watching it because once you think you've got a handle on it it becomes something completely different.
(The second half drags but it's worth it for the ending.)

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Oh you sweet summer child.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy poo poo it's back again! We had a thread about it a few years back and it was magical but the link died and I've never been able to find it since. I actually tried to find if it had been released in DVD a couple times but good loving luck figuring that out if you don't speak Thai.

I guess it never came up in my youtube searches because it was blocked in my country, I can only watch the video in the OP via VPN.

Magic Lizard is awesome and you're missing out if you don't watch it. Also make sure you keep watching it because once you think you've got a handle on it it becomes something completely different.
(The second half drags but it's worth it for the ending.)

There is VCD and as far as I know the only way to get a physical copy of the movie. My friend collects this kind of weird poo poo so I can ask him how to get it. He has a whole bunch of Thai VCDs.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Adlai Stevenson posted:

It is legitimately the longest hundred and three minutes of my life. Tear gas went by faster.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Is this the Letterboxd?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sure is

If anybody has trouble watching this please reach out to me via PMs or at kamenrideruno on Twitter or just drop me a line at lordofthebutts at Gmail and we will discuss many things

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Y'all talk about Magic Lizard like it isn't an absolutely wonderful, if baffling, experience. The Buffalo poo poo is up there with the end of Pink Flamingos in cinematic history.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

well

I'm back

I'll admit I'm experiencing a slight amount of regret for how I spent my time but I will say three things:

1) the opening music sequence is really fun and I'll probably watch it unironically every now and again
2) I did not, on the balance, enjoy my time here
3) It was not the worst movie I saw this weekend

it's bad, but it's not a transcendent bad film. It's merely bad and occasionally interesting enough to not be bad.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ahahaha you son of a bitch.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
You beautiful bitch, perfect pick, could not have been better.

Dickeye truly is the heart and soul of this dead gay forum.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

TrixRabbi posted:

Y'all talk about Magic Lizard like it isn't an absolutely wonderful, if baffling, experience. The Buffalo poo poo is up there with the end of Pink Flamingos in cinematic history.

It's cinematic torture but I'm glad I saw it. The poo poo eating scene is one of those "You have to see it to believe it." moments in a movie that seems so rare. Baffling doesn't even begin to describe this movie. There's a few important points Dickeye left out of the OP. First and most importantly is that this entire running time of this movie is an irrelevant side track of a character that barely matters while the actual premise takes place almost entirely unseen. I can't think of any single other movie that does this. All of what you see is just some moron stumbling around screaming about nothing relating to the actual story. Additionally, I have no way to prove this but supposedly the title character's "dialogue" is just complete gibberish and even if you had subtitles or spoke the language it wouldn't make any more sense than it does without either of these things. I can't even begin to know how to prove that but having seen the movie I absolutely believe it.

This is for sure one of the absolute strangest movies I've ever seen. It's the kind of thing you bring up when someone says that some mundane thing is "The worst/weirdest movie I ever saw.". Few things can even touch this movie. Everyone should watch it. It's terrible, it's wonderful, it's insane, it's a cinematic ride like no other. Once you've seen it it will stay with you forever.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

CPL593H posted:

I can't even begin to know how to prove that but having seen the movie I absolutely believe it.

Learn to speak Thai.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I like how approximately half of the movies picked for the revival of these threads have been technically illegal, or at least supra-legal

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Discount Viscount posted:

I like how approximately half of the movies picked for the revival of these threads have been technically illegal, or at least supra-legal

It makes sense. Why make a Movie of the Month for The Godfather when you can instead highlight movies you’d have trouble hearing about otherwise?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It makes sense. Why make a Movie of the Month for The Godfather when you can instead highlight movies you’d have trouble hearing about otherwise?

It's almost like there's a reason I want to post more weird dickstream poo poo

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Discount Viscount posted:

Magic Lizard is orthogonal to human law, human taste, human logic, human morality.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

Magic Lizard is orthogonal to human law, human taste, human logic, human morality.

It's true. I've noticed a lack of updates here and I'm wondering if anyone who never saw this has watched it so far.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

CPL593H posted:

It's true. I've noticed a lack of updates here and I'm wondering if anyone who never saw this has watched it so far.

as far as people in this thread I think it's just me

others may have been impacted but are too afraid to speak up

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Come. Share in the misery!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

Come. Share in the misery!

You're sure selling it well. Count me in!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

therattle posted:

You're sure selling it well. Count me in!

Watch the movie, coward.

Seriously though it's an experience.

Mitoboru
Mar 2, 2016

Fun Shoe

CPL593H posted:

Tried to watch it last night but got a message that it's blocked in my country. Will dust off the old VPN and give it another go.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I plan on watching it. Probably this weekend.

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
Same for me, the link didn't work and I didn't really have a concrete plan for when to watch it so I didn't go any further to get ahold of it. I did watch a 5-minute trailer on YouTube which was pretty funny.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Has anyone ever attempted an actual subtitles track for this? Part of the charm is having no idea what's happening but I've seen it enough I'd kind of like to check out what people are actually saying (even if the Lizard is in fact just speaking gibberish).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TrixRabbi posted:

Has anyone ever attempted an actual subtitles track for this? Part of the charm is having no idea what's happening but I've seen it enough I'd kind of like to check out what people are actually saying (even if the Lizard is in fact just speaking gibberish).
I can only imagine such an effort ending badly. Really badly.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
What a whiny lizard.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is the crocodile segment a Jaws homage?

edit: What is happening to this crocodile?

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 13, 2019

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Great bear costume!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Elephant choreography by Magic Lizard Studio

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There’s an hour left of this?!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Franchescanado posted:

I think I know exactly when you’re likely to have said this

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

The Magic Lizard exists outside such petty notions as time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

What is happening to this crocodile?
:allears:

I need to know how that last hour went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

I need to know how that last hour went.

When I realized I had an hour left of the movie, I decided to call it. I'll finish it today and will also live post reactions. I can post time stamps if anyone wants to follow along.