Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
The June Contest theme was The Colors Really Pop, which I won with a picture I took 5 AM on a Saturday. Yes it was a struggle to actually go outside to take the picture instead of sleeping continuing to play video games.

To celebrate the upcoming July 4th holiday, we're going to go in the opposite direction with the theme The Lost and the Damned. Someone had to be on the losing side, right? Show us the dark side of victory.

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. You can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favourites!
4. Contest will be open until [at least] the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. GMT after which voting will begin
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably around midnight the evening of the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use good judgment/good taste if venturing into NSFW or potentially offensive territory. PM me or a mod if you have questions.
7. When voting, please use the spoiler tag.

I or the mods reserve the right to amend the rules if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Excited to see all the photos of confederate monuments.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
goddamn I took a great shot for this theme last month.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
IMG_0135-Edit.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
I suppose this wasn't a very popular (or good) theme, but let's try to get a couple more entries in here.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Olds posted:

I suppose this wasn't a very popular (or good) theme, but let's try to get a couple more entries in here.

Nah, people just wait until the last minute. I bet we'll see really nice entries after the weekend is over. Even I am still trying to update my entry but I think I missed the opportunity. I liked this challenge!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Context: this painting is in Deadwood, SD, in the saloon where Wild Bill Hickock was shot. The upstairs apparently used to be a brothel. It is now a restaurant. For some reason, they keep paintings up on the wall of the women who used to uh, work it there. They are all haunted looking, but this was the most poignant one.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
End stage capitalism counts right?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Throwing my hat into this contest after missing a few

Redeemer by Robert Ashbaugh, on Flickr

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
DSCF8884a by noonebutme2010, on Flickr

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Closed for entries; voting is open till Friday night EDT.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
joat . . . . . mon

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Cuntpunch

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
RJWaters2

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

iammeandsoareyou

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Joat

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Helen Highwater

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
…………...HelenHighwater…………

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
cuntpunch

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
helen highwater

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Helen

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Nigel Tufnel

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
RJWaters2

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
nigel

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
cuntpunch

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Voting is closed. The winner this month is Helen Highwater! Congratulations!

I really enjoyed the takes on this month's theme.

Vote Count:
Helen Highwater - 4
cuntpunch - 3
Nigel Tufnel - 2
joatmon - 2
rjwaters -2
iammeandsoareyou - 1

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Thanks a lot all! I'll take some time to think of a good theme and post up a new thread later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
New thread is up.