Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
My childhood was mostly like Doug because I'm autism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Mine was like Ninja Turtles because I ate a lot of pizza and I'm pretty sure I grew up in the sewer

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Mission Hill was dope, too bad it only got like 10 episodes before it got canned

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Oh my loving God.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The only arc that feels a little played out is the whole Daria-Jane-Tom love triangle.

tom was so loving awful, and neither daria nor jane had any reason to have any interest in him

Captain Rufus posted:

(Then there is of course Degrassi which seems to be to the school system what ER is to hospitals. Basically every terrible thing ever happens at one place constantly like some black hole of RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES. )

degrassi was awesome. i'm still mad at jimmy for editing ashley out of his demo & then sending it to that producer, and when the guy who played jimmy became drake, my first thought was "oh, so the producer DID like his demo :rolleyes: "

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Unfinish3d posted:

Daria came around just in time to replace my previous favorite show, Pete & Pete. It made me feel jaded about high school well before I was in highschool.

High school wound up being fine though

If it means anything I watched a few episodes of Daria with the creator of Pete and Pete and he wasn’t very interested

He loved Space Ghost and Cowboy Bebop though

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Mission Hill is amazing but it will never be as good as when it aired on Adult Swim and it still had all the killer licensed music. At the end of the Real World episode all the characters sing REM though. I love when Andy is walking home in the first episode and Looper starts playing

https://youtu.be/43chLSam9RE

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGKAk7djRkk

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Pete and Pete was the best and helped me feel less weird about being a disgusting ginger. It's so weird watching it now because Iggy Pop is a semi-regular character, and Artie's actor also did amazing dramatic performances later on like Carnivale (and he's the voice of Cotton Hill). It seems ahead of its time given shows like Strangers with Candy.

Really shows like Pete and Pete, Clone High, and Daria deserve a lot of credit for not treating the audience like dumb kids/teenagers. Each show had lots of good character work beneath their silly exteriors.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Why don't they just put Marmaduke to sleep?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Doppelganger posted:

Why don't they just put Marmaduke to sleep?

He's so worthless they cant even be bothered to do that. He just has no value, just completely worthless not even worth being killed

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Aesop Poprock posted:

If it means anything I watched a few episodes of Daria with the creator of Pete and Pete and he wasn’t very interested

He loved Space Ghost and Cowboy Bebop though

Was that Will McRobb or Chris Viscardi? It's morbidly fascinating when a showrunner duo breaks up over the "real" creator

Bonus Polaris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGtGt1L6iU
(I had that cassette from cereal UPCs)

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
DIARIA was annoyingly self indulgent compared to its parent show beavis and butthead, pure ignorant stupid bliss

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

crabcakes dogg posted:

Oh man Daria was my favorite show growing up.

That said, the TV rips out there with all the original era music isn’t worth how lovely they sound and look. Get the DVD rips.

There's a dece version out there of the DVD rips + audio from the originals to keep the music.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pawn 17 posted:

I love Duckman and still regularly watch episodes.

:yeah:

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/zaVp76rtFcM?t=53

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

YeahTubaMike posted:

degrassi was awesome. i'm still mad at jimmy for editing ashley out of his demo & then sending it to that producer, and when the guy who played jimmy became drake, my first thought was "oh, so the producer DID like his demo :rolleyes: "

lmbo with this Next Generation poo poo. High and Jr. High were where it was at.

Did Degrassi Jr High or Degrassi High really air much in the States? I only ever see people speaking widely about Next Generation, which I know def did air down there.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Anybody remember that ace attorney cartoon on cartoon Network around the same era?
I think it was superhero based.

That show owned.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The Real Amethyst posted:

Anybody remember that ace attorney cartoon on cartoon Network around the same era?
I think it was superhero based.

That show owned.

Harvey Birdman was like 2004

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Daria, or I mean Jane really, introduced me to the idea of microwaving gummy bears for art... and then for eating as a delicious dip for those lazy Saturdays

el_cabron
Feb 10, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-YUwNlb-tY

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Pete and Pete was the best and helped me feel less weird about being a disgusting ginger.

what? i've always liked redheads, and i had a huge crush on big pete when i was a kid

also, i met the guy who played little pete at a mastodon show, and he was nice :unsmith:

esperterra posted:

lmbo with this Next Generation poo poo. High and Jr. High were where it was at.

Did Degrassi Jr High or Degrassi High really air much in the States? I only ever see people speaking widely about Next Generation, which I know def did air down there.

i have no idea, i'm 32

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Pawn 17 posted:

I love Duckman and still regularly watch episodes.

gently caress my sick you duckman

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

man this is off topic but I can't watch one of these and not link the best one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XoKD8Gh-tE

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I think the Daria/Jane/Tom arc was actually one of the more interesting parts of the show. Teenage girls with zero drama are not teenage girls.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Doug loving sucked

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

skooma512 posted:

I think the Daria/Jane/Tom arc was actually one of the more interesting parts of the show. Teenage girls with zero drama are not teenage girls.

He was just a bland rich kid though. Like, have the love triangle center around Michael Jordan Mackenzie instead or anyone with actual character traits.

Or Upchuck.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Doug loving sucked

Doug Unfunny

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

He was just a bland rich kid though. Like, have the love triangle center around Michael Jordan Mackenzie instead or anyone with actual character traits.

Yeah, he was $GenericLoveInterest.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Daria ruled. I loved the episode where her parents' hippy friends show up and everything gets weird.

There's that really off holiday special where they hang out with the personifications of different holidays, and I still quote Guy Fawkes Day saying "Well, I'd probably say bollocks, but that's just a natural reflex."

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Daria's awesome. The early seasons everyone is tad 1-dimensional but it sort of works in spite of that. And then people get more fleshed and it's pretty good. Like Daria's anti-socialness shows its flaws later on and Quinn's seen to be a lot deeper than her idiot friends are.

Jane is the best character.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Was Daria the first Paintball Episode? King of the Hill maybe?

E: KOTH was earlier

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

man this is off topic but I can't watch one of these and not link the best one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XoKD8Gh-tE

Okay. When were you planning on doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Daria went downhill hard after the 1st season and by the end of the show it was almost unwatchable. Regret watching all of it, honestly.