Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

love to see Le Cercle and Graham Hancock exposed and Jonestown and Dutroux next to Global Ethnic IQ Numbers and 76 White Guilt Tactics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
they letting Harvey Weinstein out

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

yet croup is still caged

curious

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

my bony fealty posted:

yet croup is still caged

curious

its hosed up

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

grabbing a passport in perfect condition for a "tim osman" out of the sky as it drifts to the earth on 9/11/01 and thinking "wow, I hope he made it"

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

might as well ask this here - how sketchy are journalists without borders as a news org?
where do they fall on the CIA to 'mostly harmless' spectrum?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

bedpan posted:

grabbing a passport in perfect condition for a "tim osman" out of the sky as it drifts to the earth on 9/11/01 and thinking "wow, I hope he made it"

Why don't they just make the whole plane out of the passport material?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

double nine posted:

might as well ask this here - how sketchy are journalists without borders as a news org?
where do they fall on the CIA to 'mostly harmless' spectrum?

Not sure but their Press Freedom Index is bullshit, it's just an index of how friendly/subservient to the US a country is.
My home Ireland ranks 2 but our press is corrupt. The media operates as propaganda for the government and will black-list any journalist who steps out of line.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

my bony fealty posted:

love to see Le Cercle and Graham Hancock exposed and Jonestown and Dutroux next to Global Ethnic IQ Numbers and 76 White Guilt Tactics

ya that guys a weirdo racist, i think he's dutch

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/left_plain/status/1783656460469014796

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lmfao

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

LMAO

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

a hit dog will holler

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
also they're seriously leaning into the dual loyalty trope with those 50/50 flags lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
it is violating Israeli flag law

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Why are they booing him, he's right

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

mawarannahr posted:

it is violating Israeli flag law

The average person's reverence for the flag is at total odds with the actual respect they show it. In this house we follow not just the Flag Code, but the Flag Protection Act :mad:

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Real hurthling! posted:

it was like a perfect 720 degree corkscrew from altitude down to like street level avoiding buildings by super narrow margins and then straight into the pentagon only feet above the ground

Y'know I've never really understood what the competing theory was on this one? Like, if thats a difficult thing to do in the plane, surely its way, way more difficult to do remotely using 2001 tech. Control/camera lag, no ability to actually feel what the plane is doing, etc.

And quite a few ppl saw the plane, so if you say its just a missile, you have to invent stupid poo poo like holograms.

No, the simplest solution is best. The pilot was divinely inspired, and America truly is The Great Satan.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Weinstein still has the CA convictions, so nope.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Y'know I've never really understood what the competing theory was on this one? Like, if thats a difficult thing to do in the plane, surely its way, way more difficult to do remotely using 2001 tech. Control/camera lag, no ability to actually feel what the plane is doing, etc.

And quite a few ppl saw the plane, so if you say its just a missile, you have to invent stupid poo poo like holograms.

No, the simplest solution is best. The pilot was divinely inspired, and America truly is The Great Satan.

Well, I think the other thing is, when people talk about the flight envelope of an aircraft or the possibility of a manoeuvre, they're thinking in terms of "if you don't want to die". What can you do without putting the aircraft in an unrecoverable situation, overtaxing the airframe etc etc.

But, if you're planning on crashing, why would you care if you were flying at lamppost level or could just barely get the airplane pointed at the building you want to crash into?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Well, I think the other thing is, when people talk about the flight envelope of an aircraft or the possibility of a manoeuvre, they're thinking in terms of "if you don't want to die". What can you do without putting the aircraft in an unrecoverable situation, overtaxing the airframe etc etc.

But, if you're planning on crashing, why would you care if you were flying at lamppost level or could just barely get the airplane pointed at the building you want to crash into?

Exceeding the flight envelope can cause wings or control surfaces to rip off the plane, making subsequent maneuvers significantly more difficult.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the hand of allah guided that jet

mystery solved

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Full remote automatic control was available at the time as per Boeing, IIRC- there's no need for any human to perform any advanced aerobatics when the computer will hash out the needed route and inputs. They would just need some kind of transponder, or homing beacon per se, in the part of the building they wanted to hit- similar to how both WTC were also bulls-eyes on the first attempt

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Exceeding the flight envelope can cause wings or control surfaces to rip off the plane, making subsequent maneuvers significantly more difficult.

Subsequent maneuvers (i.e. landing) were notably not something they were interested in as students, as noted by their instructor

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the :tinfoil: is that the pilot made sick maneuvers unnecessarily in order to hit the most protected face of the pentagon.
did he intentionally execute a barnstorming deathstar trench maneuver over suburban virginia to do less damage or did he think he was actually lining up the unshielded exhaust port for the money shot that would bring it all down?
we'll never know more than the simple fact that they rammed right into the helipad firefighting station, mitigating a lot of the impact and fallout.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Mossad?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dokapon Findom posted:

Subsequent maneuvers (i.e. landing) were notably not something they were interested in as students, as noted by their instructor

Maintaining collision course can be difficult with sudden asymmetric lift and a missing rudder!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I always like the gore vidal recount of events

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0210/S00205/uq-wire-gore-vidals-the-enemy-within.htm

"'At 9:35, this plane conducts another turn, 360 [degrees] over the Pentagon, all the while being tracked by radar, and the Pentagon is not evacuated, and there are still no fast-movers from the Air Force in the sky over Alexandria and DC. Now the real kicker: a pilot they want us to believe was trained at a Florida puddle-jumper school for Piper Cubs and Cessnas, conducts a well-controlled downward spiral descending the last 7,000 feet in two-and-a-half minutes, brings the plane in so low and flat that it clips the electrical wires across the street from the Pentagon, and flies it with pinpoint accuracy into the side of the building at 460 knots.

'When the theory about learning to fly this well at the puddle-jumper school began to lose ground, it was added that they received further training on a flight simulator. This is like saying you prepared your teenager for her first drive on the freeway at rush hour by buying her a video driving game ... There is a story being constructed about these events.'

There is indeed, and the more it is added to the darker it becomes.'"

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

lmao

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

maybe dudes just rock and they wanted to do a sick nasty spiral for maximum cool points

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the hand of allah guided that jet

mystery solved

some kind of spring loaded gadget yanked it out of the sky

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1783630647992471958

I wouldn't suggest watching the bodycam video (pedo torture dude gets shot like, 20 times).

A few weird things:

-Dude was in gitmo at the same time as DeSantis.

-He knew the cops that shot him, said "hi officer so-and-so" while pulling his gun

-Had his hand on his gun before the door even opened.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
can't believe the guy who was happy to torture people also wouldn't think twice about fycking kids

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

can't believe the guy who was happy to torture people also wouldn't think twice about fycking kids

deep state spend decades honing their recruitment techniques of the "sexual psychopath"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

weird how the guys they hire to protect the empire at all costs all price that cost as a load of pedophilia and torture