Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Anyhow, were there any other fights on this card worth catching on replay?
get extremely high and watch the Ryan Hall fight, I promise you it will be worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Snowman_McK posted:

She dropped to her hands and knees with a blank look on her face, apparently, unaware that she was still in a fight, and recovered after the ref had stepped in and GDR had walked off.

It's a fine stoppage.

This is a really great fan fiction

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/1150235668590866433

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness
God drat it Ricky

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
lol bektic
lol simon
lol ladd
lol herb dean

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
The Ryan Hall fight is funny but interesting. Seems like a much more effective way for BJJ guys who don't want to trade on strikes to fight (assuming you're great with aggressively diving for leglocks, which not all high level grapplers are) - focusing on odd strikes from the outside at a range most people couldn't throw for fear of sabotaging their base, and instead of just passively flopping on your back and hoping they jump in your guard whenever they get close being able to pose a risk of seriously punishing someone for getting that close. I'm sure there are ways to deal with it that'll get figured out (a kickboxer who's integrated wrestling well might be able to just trade from the outside safely), but for now it's a way for a BJJ guy without the greatest wrestling to fight that doesn't involve hypnotising the other guy into diving into something.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
It's clever because he WANTS you to catch the kick. It's basically an offensive guard pull.

If you follow down with punches you're in danger of catching a triangle or worse, and if you follow with kicks to the head you're breaking the rules. :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Also Hall is very comfortable diving to an inverted position so closing the distance behind him isn't necessarily great... And having to rush in repeatedly leads to Elkins getting hit hard by a few straight punches. Cool stuff, as others have said I want to see Hall against someone top 10 to see how far this can go, and I wish he were a few years younger. Also I hope we get to see him go at it with someone confident in their BJJ so maybe we'll get some sick grappling (more likely: tepid kickboxing match).