Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
Your grandparents favorite band. The Beatles. Everyone loves The Beatles; it's the kind of music you can play for anyone of all ages, but because of their enormous popularity and clean image The Beatles had to work dirtier stuff into very subtle innuendos. This thread is for posting those.

My example is the masturbating female STEM major on Abbey Road:

"Joan was quizzical, studied pataphysical
Science in the home
Late nights all alone with a test tube
Oh, oh, oh, oh"

Quizzical = Women get experimental sexually in college. They start to awaken and develop with what turns them on.
Pataphysical = Meta Science; imaginary. She is using her imagination aka fantasizing.
Science = She was a nerd, and probably this implies a virgin. This was the 1960s were women weren't typically at college studying fields like this. This implies that Joan was straight up ugly which is why she would later be very excited when Max gives her a call.
Late nights all alone with a test tube = I think you can put the pieces together here. Late night has a sort of naughty implication to it; and a test tube is a phallic object.
Oh, oh, oh, oh = The orgasm of Joan.

Let me know some of your favorites below! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the ‘do it’ in ‘why don’t we do it in the road’ is sex

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
I think “Drive My Car” is about automobiles or something.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like the part in my favorite Beatles song, Lovely Rita, when Paul has a foursome with Rita and her two sisters.

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I like the part in my favorite Beatles song, Lovely Rita, when Paul has a foursome with Rita and her two sisters.

It could have been a 3 way, because it was a sister or two. He was so drunk he was seeing double I think.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Paul McCartney would not settle for a mere threeway

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
God can you imagine the slashfics that people would write about the Beatles nowadays

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The Yellow Submarine is about pee.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I wanna hold your hand is about holding hands

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Happiness is a warm gun

Ha penis is a warm gun

My penis is a warm gun

My penis issues warm cum

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

God can you imagine the slashfics that people would write about the Beatles nowadays

This literally does happen, there's a Beatles shipping community on tumblr

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Hot Diggity! posted:

I wanna hold your hand is about holding hands

that's loving disgusting

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sexy Sadie is actually about a man. John was gay

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

"the beatles are bigger than jesus" was referring to their dongs, not relative popularity

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

In the middle of a deep dive into TB for some good ones to post in this thread and dug up the video to Hey Jude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_MjCqQoLLA

Really good performance by all four obviously - paul carries it and John & the rest are cooler than cucumbers, but the videographer/editor is absolute shite. @5:08 how do you not cut to a close shot of Paul going hard on the Judes?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Sexy Sadie is actually about a man. John was gay

this is true, Norwegian Wood is actually about some hot blonde guy's huge dick

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

slam flanders posted:

Really good performance by all four obviously - paul carries it and John & the rest are cooler than cucumbers, but the videographer/editor is absolute shite. @5:08 how do you not cut to a close shot of Paul going hard on the Judes?

Sounded like Paul's vox were doubled which I didn't think they'd have been able to do live in the late 60s, which led me to read the description on YT which featured some interesting comments about how this performance was mimed for the sake of fooling a musician's union. Piqued my curiosity, so did a little more searching and found this: https://www.beatlesbible.com/1968/09/04/filming-hey-jude-revolution/

So it's not totally mimed, but also not as good of a performance as the video wants to think!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy