Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The Thread was destroyed,
but hey, what can you do?

There were some spaces Man was not meant to enter, and the wizzing whir of the computer realm is such domain. But just like with the ocean and the sky, Man was unable to accept their own shortcomings, and created vessels to explore the worlds beyond. Virtual Reality is finally a luxury available to even the lowest of middle class game players (assuming their tax rebates have come in)! This allowed for radically new experiences the likes of which could not be imagined, and also games that play a bit like Super Mario. ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission is a full sequel to a demo included in Playroom VR, a free game for owners of the Playstation VR headset, which is sort of a sequel to Playroom, a free game that let people stream themselves vaping. It's my mission in this game to help Astro Bot collect-a-thon their way through eye-poppingly charming platforming levels and fight eye-poppingly fiendish bosses, all to save my eye-poppingly scattered Astro Buds. It'll be hard work, but me and Astro Bot won't be alone! ChorpSaway, Taoc, and FutureFriend have all vowed that they won't rest until each and every one of our friends are found. Finally, a way to see this VR world as it was truly meant: in 2D with someone else playing!

TheJayOfSpade fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Was that the fastest own in LP history?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

this game kicks rear end and single-handedly convinced me those game dev bozos might be able to make good games while still integrating VR.

fe: also dont worry folks, this let's play is not "cringe"

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

I think I got a tan from all this sun... or maybe it was the lava?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I saw someone in the Recommend a Game thread ask about newer single player CCG-esque games while listening to this in the background, and now I totally want a new game like the GBC Pokemon Card Game or all those single player YGOs etc'... but in VR and you virtually throw the cards on the field to play them.

e: and of course you gotta have one of those duel-disks

e2: more related to the video itself, the first couple Kirby games didn't let you copy powers, so if Astro Bot gets enough sequels it could happen!

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 4, 2019

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Astro Bot rides again, get ready for the GOOFS!

TheJayOfSpade fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 12, 2019

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Not to nitpick, but Clark doesn't actually start with a K.

Somehow that makes the joke funnier to me.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

This episode features a slightly bigger Astro Bot

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Astro Bot teaches us all a little something about life and a lot about death

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Can Astro Bot survive this final onslaught!?

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The second to last episode of Astro Bot is here!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what's left. Is there an Astro Bot Lost Levels pack?

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I wonder what's left. Is there an Astro Bot Lost Levels pack?

You're surprisingly not far off.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

The difference is that Astro Bot lost the levels when he was reorganizing his room, and now you have to find where he put them!

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

I hope everyone enjoyed seeing the world through my eyes!

TheJayOfSpade fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I hope Astro Bot 2 brings back this GameCube Army for you to fight.