Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

rollick posted:

I haven't seen a packet of Haribo Tropifrutti for months now, and I've looked all over, in different supermarkets, airports and countries.

They haven't discontinued it as far as I can tell. So what gives? It's the only line of theirs I like.

Tons at the walmarts in canada so :shrug:

Amazon too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

yaffle posted:

This thing is giving me a real Haw Paw villa vibe, except it's too well made and painted. Could it be asian in origin?

That was actually one of the first things I went looking at when I started this search years ago, it feels like a random monster in a shonky old theme park like Tiger Balm Garden. It's not easy finding photos online though and I never spotted anything similar to this ugly thing.

From googling it turns out that the original 1935 park in Hong Kong has mostly been demolished but parts have been kept as a museum, and the third park which was built in China in 1946 was abandoned for decades but reopened as a museum a while back. I think I actually visited the Hong Kong park in the 80s on a family holiday ...

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
This is a long shot, but here goes:

This is my daughter's favorite toy and I would like to buy a few more in case we lose this one. We've already lost it once but some very kind soul returned it to us.

Children become very attached to a toy because to them it's real.

Amazon and EBay, ToysRUs (I'm in Canada), Walmart and every other retail chain I can think of have failed me, so I am wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a few more purple elephants exactly like this one.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

heartfelt request

i tried earlier with the joke of it spoiled but here's the facts:
- youtube video
- its a still photo, slow pan like ken burns or iphoto
- music is Gabrielle - Dreams (1993)
- 10-12 yo boy jumping like a frog to eat burgers hanging from strings above, like "bopping for apples" but the opposite
- note it is only one photo; there's no video-"jumping"

the combo of Dreams by Gabrielle and jumping for burg did something to my mind, I want to feel that sensation again. I wish someone put burgers on strings all around me, so I could jump like a frog and bite them. That is my dream, perhaps one day come true.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Carthag Tuek posted:

heartfelt request

i tried earlier with the joke of it spoiled but here's the facts:
- youtube video
- its a still photo, slow pan like ken burns or iphoto
- music is Gabrielle - Dreams (1993)
- 10-12 yo boy jumping like a frog to eat burgers hanging from strings above, like "bopping for apples" but the opposite
- note it is only one photo; there's no video-"jumping"

the combo of Dreams by Gabrielle and jumping for burg did something to my mind, I want to feel that sensation again. I wish someone put burgers on strings all around me, so I could jump like a frog and bite them. That is my dream, perhaps one day come true.

If you had the photo of the burgin' kid you might be able to us that to find the video via a reverse image search but tracking the photo down would also be tricky

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you had the photo of the burgin' kid you might be able to us that to find the video via a reverse image search but tracking the photo down would also be tricky

i dont have the photo or know who he is, a rare good thing on the internet, so i made this instead

but instead of jumping away from the burger he is jumping towards the burger. happier, and with his mouth open. i just dont know how to draw that cause im super out of practice

so thats my white whale instead: some kind of superhero, on his knees, bobbing for apples but theyre burgers on strings, and its a video, with Dreams by Gabrielle as the soundtrack

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm still looking for this thing:

..... and I've actually made a small amount of progress

Keep us updated, I love stuff like this.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Carthag Tuek posted:

happier, and with his mouth open
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABxH-NTF0SM

I know that is probably :thejoke: but any excuse to repost this masterpiece is a good one

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
This isn't a white whale yet but something I just remembered and can't instantly think of the words to Google.

I'm certain it came from these forums a few years back. The biography of a person claiming to be John Travolta but he was some kind of full blown conspiracy dude and had had really bad surgery to make him look like Travolta? It was just a couple of images of the dude and maybe his book was for sale on Amazon.

I'm sorry that sounds crazy but it just popped into my head about five minutes ago and I need to remember.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

tango alpha delta posted:

This is a long shot, but here goes:

This is my daughter's favorite toy and I would like to buy a few more in case we lose this one. We've already lost it once but some very kind soul returned it to us.

Children become very attached to a toy because to them it's real.

Amazon and EBay, ToysRUs (I'm in Canada), Walmart and every other retail chain I can think of have failed me, so I am wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a few more purple elephants exactly like this one.

If it helps, that’s a rip off of the Eric carle elephant toy. Can’t tell you who made the rip-off though.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Domus posted:

If it helps, that’s a rip off of the Eric carle elephant toy. Can’t tell you who made the rip-off though.

Nice work! I couldn't find any people ones(checked through temu etc) but they're are plenty of listings for blue ones: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1237357...emis&media=COPY

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The biography of a person claiming to be John Travolta but he was some kind of full blown conspiracy dude and had had really bad surgery to make him look like Travolta?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Domus posted:

Isolationist posted:

Nice work! I couldn't find any people ones(checked through temu etc) but they're are plenty of listings for blue ones: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1237357...emis&media=COPY

Holy crap. Thank you!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I have a song in my head where a verse or chorus ends with 'and I like it'. Except it sounds more like a nasal 'and oi loike it'. Lurid. It clearly doesn't take itself seriously. I don't know if this was from a meme or a tv ad or if it maybe is a full blown eurovision entry or something like that. It's driving me crazy. Can't even attach a genre or other words. It's not a ballad or metal thing I guess.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

It's Only Rock and Roll (but I Like It) by the Stones?

Can't Feel My Face by The Weekend?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Flipperwaldt posted:

I have a song in my head where a verse or chorus ends with 'and I like it'. Except it sounds more like a nasal 'and oi loike it'. Lurid. It clearly doesn't take itself seriously. I don't know if this was from a meme or a tv ad or if it maybe is a full blown eurovision entry or something like that. It's driving me crazy. Can't even attach a genre or other words. It's not a ballad or metal thing I guess.

Could you be thinking of Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl? Or perhaps someone singing it in a mocking tone?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ariana grande doing an impression of celine dion doing a cover of can't feel my face by the weekend?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

IDLES' Never fight a man with a perm?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

It feels post 2010 and the meter of that weeknd song chorus matches vaguely, but it's way, way lower on the effort/talent/chart hitting side. If someone made it at home for a throwaway tweet or it's some gimmick song that only charted in the uk, I wouldn't be surprised. It could be something a contestant on taskmaster made up in 20 minutes, idk.

Wait, maybe that guy that makes songs from odd cat sounds, whatshisname.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Flipperwaldt posted:

It feels post 2010 and the meter of that weeknd song chorus matches vaguely, but it's way, way lower on the effort/talent/chart hitting side. If someone made it at home for a throwaway tweet or it's some gimmick song that only charted in the uk, I wouldn't be surprised. It could be something a contestant on taskmaster made up in 20 minutes, idk.

Wait, maybe that guy that makes songs from odd cat sounds, whatshisname.

The Kiffness?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

^^^ Ye

Oh god, I think it's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy29jBqckCo

Jesus, what did my brain make that into.

E: Thank you all for the suggestions as ever

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 27, 2024

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I guess you already found what you were looking for but I'll never pass up the opportunity to share this

https://youtu.be/jAjOIRCcc3Q?si=UfiUfKCSA8Ohdj2U

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

sebzilla posted:

I guess you already found what you were looking for but I'll never pass up the opportunity to share this

https://youtu.be/jAjOIRCcc3Q?si=UfiUfKCSA8Ohdj2U

in the same vein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5yFr82dABc

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah, don't hold back, those rule :allears:

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rz4I69mQMo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Lol seems I stumbled upon quite a broad category