Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Ziv Zulander posted:

Fallout 2 is good but I wouldn’t recommend it to new players, not unless they’re already familiar with that particular style of old school gaming. New Vegas was alright but had lots of jank and an unfortunately shallow storyline. The rest of the games aren’t worth playing.

My opinion is the only correct one, and I am sure this will end the discussion.

I really loved New Vegas and 3 so I tried to play the original games and since I have never played PC games (don't like hunching over a computer to play) I didn't have the patience for the isometric turn-based stuff. I really would like to have them remake 1 and 2 in a 3D engine.

Fallout 3, NV, 4 and 76 are all fine. They've fixed a lot of the problems with 76 in the past year and it's a lot more fun. I guess I'm not a true fan because I'm not big mad at the Bethesda titles though, so what do I know?

Ralph Crammed In has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Jun 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

WaywardWoodwose posted:

A lot of the hate originally came from the lost Van Buren game. No game could ever compete with the majesty and excellence of this game SO GOOD it could not be released to the public.

IIRC at least a few element from Van Buren ultimately made into New Vegas like whatshisface, the burned guy

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

WaywardWoodwose posted:

A lot of the hate originally came from the lost Van Buren game. No game could ever compete with the majesty and excellence of this game SO GOOD it could not be released to the public.

I... hadn't actually thought of that, but it would explain the mindset of the people who seemed to hate every game in the series but still considered themselves fans. Just straight up comparing every game to their idolized mental image of what Van Buren would have been like. No wonder they hate every game if they had to compete with that.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

e- quote is not edit

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fallout 2 is just isometric Borderlands.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I have given the only true and correct opinion on the Fallout series. Why do you all continue to discuss this after I have spoken.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander posted:

I have given the only true and correct opinion on the Fallout series. Why do you all continue to discuss this after I have spoken.

We've seen your taste in comics, your taste in videogames is equally bad.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ziv Zulander posted:

New Vegas was alright but had lots of jank and an unfortunately shallow storyline.

nice bait lol

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nillaxiv/status/1400894784940625922

Some person in a FFXIV guild discord went off because the group made their icon a pride flag

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Violet_Sky posted:

Some person in a FFXIV guild discord went off because the group made their icon a pride flag

you can't stop me I know how ip bans work :laffo:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Jesus gently caress, that is an essay :stare:

Also +1 for throwing “I HAVE SEVERAL GAY FRIENDS!!” in there :lmao:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Violet_Sky posted:

I always react exactly like this upon seeing a pride flag, not sure what’s so funny

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randalor posted:

Isn't Fallout the only game series where there are "fans" who think all of the games are bad? I know I've seen some people saying that each game in the series is bad at various points (as in, someone says that they hate every game, but still claim to be a fan of the games)

Fan just means you're fanatical about something (literally). You can be fanatical about hating Fallout games.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I know, I've been on No Mutants Allowed before

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philippe posted:

I know, I've been on No Mutants Allowed before

How'd you manage to sneak in?!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How'd you manage to sneak in?!

They're not a mutant.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I used the doctor in Vault City to remove my extra toe, so I could become a citizen

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel on the PS2 is, in fact, the only objectively good Fallout game.

No, of course no one actually played the game except me.

I will not provide any further clarification, thank you.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Zeniel posted:

Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel on the PS2 is, in fact, the only objectively good Fallout game.

No, of course no one actually played the game except me.

I will not provide any further clarification, thank you.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who actually enjoyed Fallout: Tactics.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

CombatBonta-kun posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who actually enjoyed Fallout: Tactics.

Oh not at all, I think Tactics is super solid, I kind of wish they remade the first two games in the same engine or at least made a fully fleshed out sequel with more of the branching dialogue and choices prevalent in the previous games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

FO:Tactics wasn't a bad game but it also wasn't the thing everyone at the time wanted which was Fallout 3.

...And the game falls apart on the third Act unless you make a build that can use heavy weapons or you over-invested in the energy weapons to reliably get critical hits.