Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

IOwnCalculus posted:

My sister's first car was a 95 SL1 that would kill batteries in months. Never did check it for a parasitic draw but sounds like it probably had one or three.

That made me think of how my SL2 was stock. It had an am/fm radio. No CD. No tape! Just radio. No mechanicals before it was cool.

Crank windows and manual locks as well.

That car ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

e: gently caress nevermind, I thought SL2s were standard with power stuff. Turns out early SL/SL1/SL2 just denoted SOHC/DOHC. :doh:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

STR posted:

e: gently caress nevermind, I thought SL2s were standard with power stuff. Turns out early SL/SL1/SL2 just denoted SOHC/DOHC. :doh:

You weren't the only one, I thought the SL2s had a bunch of that standard (on top of the twin cam head).

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

IOwnCalculus posted:

You weren't the only one, I thought the SL2s had a bunch of that standard (on top of the twin cam head).

More likely that if you're willing to upgrade on power you upgrade the rest. My grandmother bought the car and hated all that stuff. Just wanted a simple car to get around in.

That car needed something every few years, if it wasn't burning oil and hadn't lost AC I probably would have helped it along longer.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The SL was base as gently caress. Didn't have a passenger side mirror IIRC on the early models, lol. My SL2 had leather and power stuff, and was a manual.

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

My SL2 originally had leather seats too, they're still sitting in my spare bedroom, in fact. I'm sure they're nice in places that aren't Texas! I love the fact that all of the SL/SC/SW variants could only possibly have a manual driver's mirror.

In other news, today was a snow day!

Most of our roads are nothing but ice at this point, I was glad to have four wheel drive. I also had to thaw the door handle and wipers with a blow dryer, poor truck just couldn't stay warm enough.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
I had no idea the S series had an armrest. My mom's old 94 did not. Is it rare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

I don't know that they were originally all that rare (but they were an add-on), but these days they're next to impossible to find in decent condition. Out of the 50+ Saturns I've looked at in the yards here over the years, I've encountered a half dozen or so armrests, and the one I snagged for my SL2 is the only intact/functional one I've ever seen. Flipper had one (that I still have somewhere) when I bought it, but like most of them, the area around the hinges was more or less destroyed, and the lid was long gone.