Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I honor TheStrawhatNO!'s suffering

rudecyrus posted:

I absolutely hated this because of all the reasons

fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
looking it up, this is the guy who voiced Andross

apparently his only other major voice acting roles are the President and Mr. Blond from Perfect Dark and some other additional voice roles on some other games

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

So that was a wet fart of an endgame. How does the Dinosaur Planet outline fare in comparison?

With all the SpellStones placed, the seventh shrine rises from the desert. Krystal gets the spirit, then Kyte leaves to become the next queen. When Krystal arrives at Warlock Mountain, she learns Randorn is dying. I've covered Randorn, right? It's been a while. He's Sabre's father who adopted Krystal. He's been hanging out in Warlock Mountain the whole game. Anyway, to save him, MoonSeeds must be planted in special locations. Why does this help him? Who the gently caress knows. This is optional, you can just let him die if you want.

Placing the seventh spirit causes statues of the Krazoa to come to life and begin the alignment of the Majestic 8 planets. This will bring peace to the universe and bring the Krazoa out of their sleep. At this point, Sabre is under a time limit to collect and return the final spirit, or the alignment will fail and bad things will happen.

The final shrine is the Test of Sacrifice, where Sabre must show he is willing to sacrifice himself to save the life of a dinosaur. Imagine this with SFA's rear end in a top hat Fox for a laugh. After collecting the Spirit, Tricky leaves to be with his family. Depending on whether the MoonSeeds were planted, at this point either Randorn dies, or he gives a special reward. It's not specified, so I choose to believe it's the Fierce Deity Mask.

Sabre is about to place the final spirit, but Drakor swoops in out of nowhere and absorbs it with his magic dragon powers! The Krazoa start shooting lasers at Drakor and Sabre but accomplish about as much as Krystal did at the end of SFA. The two of them are knocked through Warlock Mountain and into *Boss Nass voice* the planet corrrrre. Oh no, this is where Krystal saw Sabre being killed!

Dinosaur Planet Plot Outline posted:

Will Sabre do it?
What happens if he fails?
What happens if he succeeds?
Will they find the Communication Chamber and return to their own world?
Will the Krazoa really change for good or is this all part of their plan?
Why were they so keen on killing Drakor when Sabre was in the line of fire?
And who is really telling the truth?

You'll have to play the game to find out!!!!

Well, guess we'll never know now.

If you want to read the less abridged version, you can find it here. There's also early footage, screenshots and concept art there.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I'm pretty sure doing barrel rolls is the only way to escape the inhalation attack, and if you don't escape that attack the fight gets reset. Guess what, in all the flight sections before this you never had a reason to use the barrel roll; and since this was the first (and only) Star Fox game I played, I had no idea that the barrel roll even existed. I don't even want to remember how long I was stuck on this boss...

Oh, and with no prior Star Fox experience I of course only knew about those Falco and Andross guys from the handbook. I believe they're never mentioned in the actual game up to this point.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 29, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I wonder why Miyamoto hates Star Fox so much that he's already killed two entries to the series.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The only good thing about Andross is how he's animated.

Because it's goofy as all heck.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geemer posted:

I wonder why Miyamoto hates Star Fox so much that he's already killed two entries to the series.

I was just setting up my Switch and got reminded about Starlink having a small Starfox easter egg thing.

The last Starfox sighting in the galaxy.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I was just setting up my Switch and got reminded about Starlink having a small Starfox easter egg thing.

The last Starfox sighting in the galaxy.

I played it and it's genuinely good. Fox is an actual real character, not just a tiny cameo. I haven't bought the DLC that adds the rest of the team as playable characters, so I don't know how well that holds up in comparison.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Hey you guys only said that Falco was the ship's chef, you never said that he was actually as his job.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's really funny how you opened the moon side during the day and the sun side during the night.

that boss fight music edit was :discourse:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Gotta love how tacked on andross feels

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess pulling Andross out of nowhere is at least a completely unexpected twist.

rudecyrus posted:

I absolutely hated this fight because of all the reasons mentioned in the video.

:gary:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
You mean kind of like how starfox is tacked on to the game itself?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I just love how badly General Scales gets dropped at the end. His model's just rigged as a giant standard SharpClaw, and they don't even give him the dignity of being A fight at all before paving over the lack of remaining dev time for a showdown with Andross instead.

I assume because an Arwing boss battle is much easier to build, what with the only new assets involved being Andross' face and hands.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The whole ending sequence for this game is loving trash. In addition to everything that was mentioned in the video about the Star Fox license being shoehorn'd in, it hits two of my biggest gaming pet peeves:
1. Open-world/"open-world" games that lock you out of certain areas or railroad you towards the end.
2. Final boss fights centered around brand-new or seldom-used mechanics from that game.

If you've forgotten, we've actually seen Andross's fake infrared vision before- right after Krystal releases the first spirit (where she...recognizes him for some reason?) and during the Trial of Fear (where I guess Andross just decided to creep on Fox). You also did too good of a job dodging the vacuum breath during the first part of that fight, because it's really tough to stall long enough to not get munched.

The early 00s were probably my peak Nintendo fanboy phase but even I got through this ending when the game was new and thought something was off. Thanks for showing me everything else I missed about this one.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 2, 2019

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That dying animation was amazing. Just... "Yeah, gently caress it, just make the model freak out and ship it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Thank you for...playing this and reliving this so that I never have to. I remember playing this game, beating it, and being so excited I started a second game. I was a dumb kid and did not have the patience to play it twice through.

Thank you for kicking up repressed memories. Especially in episode 11 where I now suddenly remember all that "fun" with the barrels and Tricky on the switch. Or more accurately Tricky NOT on the switch.