Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

-

Katt fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
What are the other high-interest loans? What are the balances and rates for those loans and the cards? Which direction are the credit cards going?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Gazpacho posted:

What are the other high-interest loans? What are the balances and rates for those loans and the cards? Which direction are the credit cards going?

Credit card has been going down the last few months by about $200 a month.

House:
$71250 at 2,250%
$24695 at 3,380 %
$3700 at 2,950 %

high ones:
$8100 at 6,74%
$6900 at 10,70% (card)
$1900 at 3,26% monthly (!) (paid off $1000 this month)
$924 at 25%

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I was wondering what you financed with the other high interest loans, but it's your choice whether to answer that. I'll be leaving town tomorrow so I won't be able to follow up.

I do sense a pattern of running up debt and expecting your house to save you, which doesn't seem to be working and can't work indefinitely.

3.26% monthly, so 39% annualized? Jesus.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Well to be fair I haven't taken out a loan on the house in 10 years but I figured moving the other loans to house interest would be better when available. The other loans are more related to me trying to run a business and struggling at times.

When I was employed I could buy pretty much everything I wanted and needed and still put away around $500 a month.

Katt fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 11, 2019

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Katt posted:

Well to be fair I haven't taken out a loan on the house in 10 years but I figured moving the other loans to house interest would be better when available. The other loans are more related to me trying to run a business and struggling at times.

When I was employed I could buy pretty much everything I wanted and needed and still put away around $500 a month.

Why do you pay $38 per month for a phone? You can use the company phone privately now, it's no longer seen as a löneförmån.

Same for internet, if you run the business from home, i think.

Fake edit: because you're Swedish, living in Sweden, right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Potrzebie posted:

Why do you pay $38 per month for a phone? You can use the company phone privately now, it's no longer seen as a löneförmån.

Same for internet, if you run the business from home, i think.

Fake edit: because you're Swedish, living in Sweden, right? Or am I remembering wrong?

You got it. I don't have a separate company phone. I run a small painting company. I think if I paid for my internet with company money I would have to calculate a percentage as private use and that would be a benefit?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Katt posted:

You got it. I don't have a separate company phone. I run a small painting company. I think if I paid for my internet with company money I would have to calculate a percentage as private use and that would be a benefit?

I'd call Skatteverket and ask first, but I bet you can argue that half the phone bill should be on the company. And if you have to buy a new phone and billing plan 100% of that can be charged on the company and private use is free. Not sure abt internet.

Here is a good place to start for deductions. Apologies if you already know. https://www.verksamt.se/driva/skatter-och-avgifter-enskild-naringsverksamhet/avdrag-for-kostnader

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 11, 2019

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
since your personal financials are pretty directly linked to your company, are you making money with your company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

since your personal financials are pretty directly linked to your company, are you making money with your company?

Yes but it's pretty hand-to-mouth. My biggest and most reliable clients take advantage of me because they have so much work to offer. On some projects I earn maybe half as much for effort put in as I should.

I'm considering taking an employment again and then keeping my business on the side and only retaining the clients I enjoy working for and doing those jobs on the evenings and weekends.

Katt fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 12, 2019