Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Just installed a new custom mod, it tells me how many steps I've taken in a day this goes well with the whistle while you walk mod where it makes whistling sounds as you walk in time with your steps. It plays different notes depending on how you are walking and with some practice you can make some really cool songs while you dance down the street getting the attention of everyone on the road.

What mods have you guys installed on your pagers recently? I'm obviously still running the BYOB favorite from the last time we did this thread, where it strobes shades of green if you get a page between 4:00 and 4:30. Mod Store mods are allowed, but no games, there's plenty of places to talk about pager games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

*looks down at his 10 year old basic pager playing the mexican hat dance* heh I just kinda got it so haven't had time to really trick it out yet

Heather Papps

hello friend

i've mostly been doing custom casework. glow in the dark powder injected into my 3d printer source ABS plastic. it is shaped like a butt.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

alnilam

*jamming out to the single channel midi of the 1983 hit song Maniac* awww yeah my mom's calling

ty manifisto

Manifisto

custom upgraded my rig with a dot-matrix printer, gone are the days of having to read pages a line at a time off that lcd screen

ty nesamdoom!

pixaal

I'm thinking about buying a silence kit for around the office and have it only silent during certain hours

I know what you are thinking, why carry it at all if you have to look at it to see if you have a notification, or a call request(does anyone use these to actually tell people to call them anymore? I swear everyone just sends a page of marquee now, please stop spelling it Markies this is dumb)

Anyway this is a kit not the manufacturer silence option, so what's in the kit? Well this solves the problem of not making sound with another way to notify you! It's pretty genius, it emits odors. My plan is

Mango: Full Energy Notification in Bash of Mans
Roasted Coffee Bean: Morning commute (on timer)
Pine: Evening commute (on timer)
Old Man Farts: Work Page
Lemon: Marquee from contact
Orange: page from contact

And because of all the spam stuff I'm just going to leave marquees and pages from non contacts as unscented.

sig by owlhawk911

Finger Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipcax41YoQ

Peg Sliderskew
All of this has made my diamantes and hot glue look very pedestrian.

Courtesy of Manifisto

Macnult

alnilam posted:

*jamming out to the single channel midi of the 1983 hit song Maniac* awww yeah my mom's calling

lol

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your beeper... Granny textin' not double TAPpin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred character message didn't blow the cap on the data! Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the case, and replace the VHF receiver you fried.

Heather Papps

hello friend

beep. beep.

loooooooooooser

Korean Boomhauer
yeh, i modded my beeper onto my vape. pretty dope to be able to take phat rips and find out where my friends are @

super sweet best pal

Got a custom vibration rig installed, whenever there's an earthquake I check to see if I got a message.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Korean Boomhauer posted:

yeh, i modded my beeper onto my vape. pretty dope to be able to take phat rips and find out where my friends are @

oh man i saw you at the skate park i was so jealous

super sweet best pal

Sure, it's harder to carry around an entire HAM radio setup, but I'm able to chat on the go. If only there were an easier way to carry around a voice chatting system.

lost my old email

i was going to attach it a leather thong and wear it as a primordial apple watch but then i realised it was more ergonomical to simply super glue it to the back of my wrist

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

google THIS

I know it's purely cosmetic but I love the look. Check out my sweet LED lights! (points to three tiny red dots, then moves my pager into the shade so you can see that one is lit up)

pixaal

super sweet best pal posted:

Got a custom vibration rig installed, whenever there's an earthquake I check to see if I got a message.

WOAH

there's a vibrate mod out? *googles* dude this thing looks like an N64 rumble pack goddamned we need a better way to vibrate than a motor with an unbalanced block on the end so it thrashes about. Anyone have any ideas?

sig by owlhawk911

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
truck nutz on the paegr

Heather Papps

hello friend

Hugh Malone posted:

truck nutz on the paegr

this guy has gone too far it is a beeper not a baller

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
flashes the giant led light rack and honks the train horn at you, on my pager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

C411 m3 ; ) -- that is a winky fa