Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ur goth percentile
20th percentile/level 1: bop along to cure songs when they come up on the wireless
40th percentile/level 2: strong opinions on which is the best type o negative album
60th percentile/level 3: strongly deny that type o negative counts as True Goth
80th percentile/level 4: strongly deny being a goth yourself despite being described as "The Goth" by workmates and acquaintances
100th percentile/level 5: strongly deny there is such a thing as goth/siouxsie in real life
View Results

lost my old email

kindly refrain from voting until i all (five) visual aids have been uploaded

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email

level 2: 🦇

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

lost my old email

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

lost my old email

google THIS

I used to listen to Evanescence and I'm pretty sure that's my sole credential

nut

im a cool jock who can throw the football farther than any of the otehr kids in the yard, esp. the friggin nerds, and heck maybe one or two teachers but not mr. beech the gym teacher he is a god

Manifisto

5th percentile (level zero): only black clothing is a t-shirt with glow-in-the-dark fireflies that has been washed so many times it's kind of a deep purple, altho the fireflies still light up (faintly) so that's cool but not particularly goth

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I used to be a goth on fridays in high school so i guess that is ~14.285714%

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I like the smiths, does that count?

Korean Boomhauer
the :smith:s

xcheopis

So goth I donate to a bat conservancy.

nut

if me and all the other posters itt where all on the touchdown line and we each got 1 chance plus a redo to toss a football i would throw it the farthest

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

5th percentile (level zero): only black clothing is a t-shirt with glow-in-the-dark fireflies that has been washed so many times it's kind of a deep purple, altho the fireflies still light up (faintly) so that's cool but not particularly goth

I used to have this shirt except instead of fireflies it was glow in the dark spider webs of spiders on various drugs. eventually wore it out so much it became a series of interconnected holes and almost light grey in colour so not really very goth. which isn't really surprising cause i'm not really a goth type - had some p cool who friends who were though but the whole thing seemed too performative (by which I mean too much effort lol) and i was mostly just interested in science and getting high in school

well, that's my story.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

um i can;t read this thead i have pure black/white color blindness

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

I like The Birthday Party/Nick Cave. Is that goth?

I'm also sometimes really depressed but my hair is also pink. Sorry. I'm bad at math so maybe like a 2 or 3?

E: OP, where is level 2?

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 31, 2019

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

if me and all the other posters itt where all on the touchdown line and we each got 1 chance plus a redo to toss a football i would throw it the farthest

Yeah but I could take u in arm wrestling (beefy guns)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
level 1, the cure are too beautiful for this world

i made a little people stick house and this random dog and a little girl from the other side of the island just appeared and knocked it down before I got a chance to take a picture

ironically singing "pictures of you" in my head right now

jeffery

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

I do think that Rudimentary Peni MIGHT be the greatest band name ever. I also dig their music but don't listen to them a ton.

Heather Papps

hello friend

I just got back from my nightly graveyard walks, and I misplaced my chalk stick, so I couldn't make any rubbings.
I felt like a caged bird, with the door open, unable to fly because my feathers have been plucked already.

Heather Papps

hello friend

I was listening to field recordings of the exclusion zone in Chernobyl when my grandmother called, interrupting, to inform me that my great uncle has passed. So terribly inconvenient.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Some one asked me if i was a "goth" and I was forced to explain my genealogy is mostly Slavic, not Visigoth.

nut

I talk about my fellows posters on The Cure messageboard as if they were friends I met in person and have known for years.

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41PxFzoqULU
Ug these guys are trying very hard.
My feet hurt, I should have stayed home and listened to my records.

Twenty Four

Kinda feel like the poll is rigged since it says "Strongly (something)" at the beginning of most of the choices. Shouldn't it say "softly mutter under your breath because they just don't understand"?

Escape From Noise

Well let's see...I do wish I was dead, but part of that is from being dumped, which I guess is probably more "emo" but the other big part is dissatisfaction with my job (do goths get down because of their employment situations?) I like some goth music but mostly listen to noise...carry the 2. Okay. I'm lost again!

lost my old email

Twenty Four posted:

Kinda feel like the poll is rigged since it says "Strongly (something)" at the beginning of most of the choices. Shouldn't it say "softly mutter under your breath because they just don't understand"?

A fine point well made. I have only a moderate weakness for Goth music myself- indeed,, I am not even wearing black lipstick right now! However, I feel a great blooming of affection in my bosom whenever I spot a Goth in the wild. However, everybody who has outright denied being goth is a level 5 case as there is literally nothing more goth than denying being a goth.

lost my old email

bee eater posted:

im a cool jock who can throw the football farther than any of the otehr kids in the yard, esp. the friggin nerds, and heck maybe one or two teachers but not mr. beech the gym teacher he is a god

I dub thee Full Goth.

Manifisto posted:

A Complete Goth if ever I saw one. Well met fellow!

Stoner Sloth posted:

I used to have this shirt except instead of fireflies it was glow in the dark spider webs of spiders on various drugs. eventually wore it out so much it became a series of interconnected holes and almost light grey in colour so not really very goth. which isn't really surprising cause i'm not really a goth type - had some p cool who friends who were though but the whole thing seemed too performative (by which I mean too much effort lol) and i was mostly just interested in science and getting high in school

well, that's my story.

Ah, there is Stoner Sloth, so much the goth.

Heather Papps posted:

um i can;t read this thead i have pure black/white color blindness

So goth you that sweat draculas.

I love you all.

lost my old email

I do not wish to exclude any of the hale fractional goths whom were also good enough to participate.

google THIS posted:

I used to listen to Evanescence and I'm pretty sure that's my sole credential

You are already all the goth you need to be :glomp:.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I used to be a goth on fridays in high school so i guess that is ~14.285714%

A find you a fine Goth Sausage, uppermost tip black as the shadow from the light of a black sun.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I like the smiths, does that count?

John Glenn, if I may paint my face a pallid white and fix you with an extremely serious expression: You count to me my friend.

The question is asked: whom is a valued & loved member of the goth community. The cosmos proffers an answer: Korean Boomhauer.

xcheopis posted:

So goth I donate to a bat conservancy.

The goth esteem I hold you in is cyclopean.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I like The Birthday Party/Nick Cave. Is that goth?

I'm also sometimes really depressed but my hair is also pink. Sorry. I'm bad at math so maybe like a 2 or 3?

E: OP, where is level 2?

A personage so fine and free of anti-goth prejudice that they do not even see tiny bat emoticons.

Luvcow posted:

level 1, the cure are too beautiful for this world

i made a little people stick house and this random dog and a little girl from the other side of the island just appeared and knocked it down before I got a chance to take a picture

ironically singing "pictures of you" in my head right now

A fine and goth unguarded disclosure of an appreciation for artistic virtue by this well loved specimen of goth kind.

I do think that Rudimentary Peni MIGHT be the greatest band name ever. I also dig their music but don't listen to them a ton.

A wise and goth call for moderation in an immoderate world. Also a fine "The Melvins" reference in the excellent and goth choice of username by Sir William.

Being extremely personable strikes me as being extremely goth.

Twenty Four posted:

This post is very long and I want to make sure that this fine whispering goth is aware of my appreciation for them. I hope the day finds them well.

Finger Prince

What level of goth would you assign Aqua's second album? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email

Finger Prince posted:

What level of goth would you assign Aqua's second album? Asking for a friend.

Consider the dark opus "Cartoon Heroes."

Aqua posted:

We are what we're supposed to be
Illusions of your fantasy
All dots and lines that speak and say
What we do is what you wish to do
We are the cartoon symphony
We do the things you want to see
Frame by frame, to the extreme
Our friends are so unreasonable
They do the unpredictable
All dots and lines that speak and say
What we do is what you wish to do
It's all an orchestra of strings,
Doing unbelievable things
Frame by frame, to the extreme
One by one, we're making it fun
We are the cartoon heroes, oh,
We are the ones who're gonna last forever

We came out of a crazy mind, oh,
And walked out on a piece of paper
Here comes Spiderman, an arachnophobian
Welcome to the toon town party
Here comes superman from never-never land
Welcome to the toon town party
We learn…

I have emboldened the most apropos line, but consider the whole: This is clearly a vampyre's lament. My rating: Goth Level :five:.