Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Edit: I'm sorry. I got really depressed and then drunk and then nuked the OP because I couldn't figure out how to post pictures or whatever. I'll try to recreate it or whatever. Sorry. I know it's weird but sometimes depression is too.

Okay so, this is in the bathroom in my apartment. In Japan (and probably other places) the bath and shower are often separate from the toilet. Even in smaller apartments.

A few weeks ago I was taking a shower after work and stretching (work is tough on my body as I get older especially.) I put my hands on the ceiling (anyone else remember that SNMNMNM song?*) and pushed up on this circle I didn't think much of.

The circle in the wall just lifted up like it was nothing. There was a rubber seal but it was just held there by gravity!

So after I was done showering, with some trepidation, I went back to see what the porthole in my shower led to.

So... pretty chilling stuff. Apparently I can access the innards of my apartment building from my shower and vice versa. Meaning anyone could get the drop in me when I'm at my most vulnerable! I may have to get some hatori Hanzo to take in the shower with me for protection. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bonus: that SNMNMNM song
http://snmnmnm.bandcamp.com/track/hands-on-the-ceiling

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Please post your ghost hunting trip report from the spooky ventilation chamber

nut

I see, I see. I believe this is the part of the bathroom where you are meant to pee-pee.

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

I see, I see. I believe this is the part of the bathroom where you are meant to pee-pee.

So... the toilet is purely ornamental? drat!

nut

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

So... the toilet is purely ornamental? drat!

"It is up here, in the secret spaces, that I may hide my shame."

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

"It is up here, in the secret spaces, that I may hide my shame."

But I live alone and nobody will ever want to date me?

nut

But I live alone and nobody will ever want to date me?

I would feel that way, too, if I had been peeing on the same floor that I live on.

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

I would feel that way, too, if I had been peeing on the same floor that I live on.

This was true even when I pooped and peed off the balcony. I'm v. unattractive and a spazz.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 2, 2019

Chrs

your images aren’t working op :(

Escape From Noise

Chrs posted:

your images aren’t working op :(

Fuuuuuk. I'm bad at this....

Escape From Noise

Seriously though. Is this not working for ppl? I don't know

nut

Seriously though. Is this not working for ppl? I don't know

Hello good sir and thank you for seeking our help at Internet Tech Resources WorldWide Ltd. Inc. and Sons. If I am not mistaken, you are using BBcode for embedded links, when you should be using the "img" tags. This change would turn your clickable links, which do work, into pictures embedded in your post. "But what if the pictures are gigantic?" you ask. You're always asking! Then turn the "img" tags into "timg" tags, of course!

To prevent further panic, we have provided a "BBcode" button below your post text box, but please don't be a stranger. I am alone. I am the sole inhabitant of the dark space between the back of your monitor and the wall. Find the Nvidia stones and free my soul.

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

Hello good sir and thank you for seeking our help at Internet Tech Resources WorldWide Ltd. Inc. and Sons. If I am not mistaken, you are using BBcode for embedded links, when you should be using the "img" tags. This change would turn your clickable links, which do work, into pictures embedded in your post. "But what if the pictures are gigantic?" you ask. You're always asking! Then turn the "img" tags into "timg" tags, of course!

To prevent further panic, we have provided a "BBcode" button below your post text box, but please don't be a stranger. I am alone. I am the sole inhabitant of the dark space between the back of your monitor and the wall. Find the Nvidia stones and free my soul.

Sorry. I'm super loving dumb. Did my fix work, or am I doomed to eternal loneliness?

nut

Sorry. I'm super loving dumb. Did my fix work, or am I doomed to eternal loneliness?

It appears that neither of those options are true, kind sir, as the links are still links and you are here in B.Y.O.B., where no one is lonely!

To help, you can quote this message and see how I typed this embedding code for your first image. Part of the issue is that you need a different U.R.L. than the one you were using. You can get the correct U.R.L. from copying the image location on the Imgur website. Imgur share links also include a BBcode version that you can just copy and paste here. Because the image is huge, I just changed img tags to timg to thumbnail it.

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

It appears that neither of those options are true, kind sir, as the links are still links and you are here in B.Y.O.B., where no one is lonely!

To help, you can quote this message and see how I typed this embedding code for your first image. Part of the issue is that you need a different U.R.L. than the one you were using. You can get the correct U.R.L. from copying the image location on the Imgur website. Imgur share links also include a BBcode version that you can just copy and paste here. Because the image is huge, I just changed img tags to timg to thumbnail it.

But check this out

I hate myself and I want to die

Escape From Noise

gently caress this. I can't figure out poo poo.

FluffieDuckie

I fixed it for you because that's the kind of service we provide here at byob headquarters

have a nice day :tipshat:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Robot Made of Meat

I don't get it. Why does the bathtub have a cat-door?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Boooooo! I'm dumb as hell and my posting is twice as bad!

mod edit: please don't be sad. here's your picture

Okay so what am I looking at?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Post the ghost haunting your toilet op

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
girlfriend left the bathroom and I went in after only to find an enormous 2ft long turd coiled up inside the toilet like an angry snake. she was horrified, as was i, and she swore it wasn't hers. that was the first haunting of the bathroom but not the last...

Korean Boomhauer
some how our toilet keeps getting upper deckered, but we dont have an upper deck on ours, and yet the toilet shows symptoms of an upper deckering from time to time.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Now I wish my bathtub had instructions on it like yours does, op. Though it might be to spooky for my fragile nervous system

google THIS

I think what we're seeing here is a reverse bathtub. The faucet, drain, and soap holder are all on the outside, so in order to take a bath you have to shut the door and flood the room, then step into the bathtub to towel off.

Goons Are Gifts

google THIS posted:

I think what we're seeing here is a reverse bathtub. The faucet, drain, and soap holder are all on the outside, so in order to take a bath you have to shut the door and flood the room, then step into the bathtub to towel off.

Oh my God this is it, someone write that down, let's have patent pending by tomorrow

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I WISH YOU PEOPLE WOULD AT LEAST KNOCK BEFORE YOU KEEP GOING IN AND OUT OF MY BATHROOM, THANKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
i am going to invent the worlds first self-stomping waffle