Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Modern Leper posted:

I know you’re just bad faith posting to defend your favorite bad podcast, but no one had an issue with “soy.” People were irritated by “soy boy,” and no one argued it was a slur—just that it was some alt right bullshit that didn’t deserve the oxygen:

https://www.theringer.com/tech/2017/11/3/16598872/alt-right-lingo-soy-boy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_boy

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/soy-boy-insult-what-is-definition-far-right-men-masculinity-women-a8027816.html

Hope he sees this bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah I'm not reading any of that.

Anyway I enjoyed the episode and while RTP probably won't be a weekly listen I'll comb through the back catalog for characters I may find interesting.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
If nothing else, please listen to the Chive episode.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

If nothing else, please listen to the Chive episode.

I'll check it out. I listened to the Craft Beer episode on my commute today and got a lot of lols as a recovering craft beer snob (although I never described anything as "peachy horseblanket"). The reveal at the end that Geiger was partially responsible for the disastrous hunahpu 2014 was great, too.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I don't even know where I found RTP from but have listened to a bunch and ended up subscribing. May honestly be one of my favorite podcasts right now even though it's just two guys with fairly even, calm affects giggling over really bad posts for an hour and a half.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

terrorist ambulance posted:

I don't even know where I found RTP from but have listened to a bunch and ended up subscribing. May honestly be one of my favorite podcasts right now even though it's just two guys with fairly even, calm affects giggling over really bad posts for an hour and a half.

It hits the same schadenfreude receptors as old SA did back when it was ok to make fun of people. Weekend Web was one of my favorite features on SA and RTP is basically Weekend Web in podcast form.

Speaking of the McElroy thread gets called out in the newest episode. :v:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Congrats

https://twitter.com/ReportThisPost/status/1388951201211985920?s=20

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Previa_fun posted:

It hits the same schadenfreude receptors as old SA did back when it was ok to make fun of people. Weekend Web was one of my favorite features on SA and RTP is basically Weekend Web in podcast form.

Speaking of the McElroy thread gets called out in the newest episode. :v:

went down like a cup of cold sick lol

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
The couples therapist post in this weeks bonus episode is an all timer.

Also if the guy who keeps reading long unfunny mtg posts in the live eps is on here: please stop

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh man the end of the latest episode was amazing.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Sort of surprised Geiger didn’t try to get Andy Dick’s number from that guy, although I’m not sure where the bit could go from there

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Forum Hussy posted:

Sort of surprised Geiger didn’t try to get Andy Dick’s number from that guy, although I’m not sure where the bit could go from there

Whoops ok, watched the live episode and now I know the answer to that lmao

dangerburrd posted:

Also if the guy who keeps reading long unfunny mtg posts in the live eps is on here: please stop

He somehow isn’t here, unfortunately

Forum Hussy fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 20, 2021

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Just listened to the live show, really good.

I am the guy who they were talking about that made the ‘This aint it chief’ theme song. it was all fun and games until the guest said they thought Geiger made it and were fixin to roast him for it. they quickly changed the subject to be nice but i literally lolled bc it sounds like such poo poo and I have to skip it every time it’s too cringe.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

mark immune posted:

Just listened to the live show, really good.

I am the guy who they were talking about that made the ‘This aint it chief’ theme song. it was all fun and games until the guest said they thought Geiger made it and were fixin to roast him for it. they quickly changed the subject to be nice but i literally lolled bc it sounds like such poo poo and I have to skip it every time it’s too cringe.

All the songs except the MGTOW one are really bad but yours is the least bad

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The songs are bad on purpose, as a bit

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

dangerburrd posted:

All the songs except the MGTOW one are really bad but yours is the least bad

thank u, it is really bad and embarrassing to have to hear when I’m trying to listen to my favorite podcast

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Lol I got to the matt christman episode where he's just rolling on acid doing his twitch spirituality stuff with the boys occasionally breaking in to chuckle and read posts

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Lol I got to the matt christman episode where he's just rolling on acid doing his twitch spirituality stuff with the boys occasionally breaking in to chuckle and read posts

lol yeah Matt was on a whole nother level

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Rest in peace to r/MGTOW

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

nah posted:

Rest in peace to r/MGTOW

Nooooooooooooo :(

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Bringing this thread back just to say that’s there’s way more talk about people’s assholes than I ever wanted in the latest episode. I’m still listening though

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
Lol I learned about lowtax’s demise from Report This Post.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Squack McQuack posted:

Lol I learned about lowtax’s demise from Report This Post.

Honestly the best synopsis of the past year or so of SA. No wonder goons hate this podcast. :v:

Lol jeffrey paid over 400k for the site

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff
Any chance anyone knows what happened with the Reality TV episode, or better yet somehow have it archived?

Just got into this show a couple weeks ago and I've been listening constantly and hadn't gotten to 42 Reality TV yet, but on the newest ep they said they had to delete that one and didn't go into why at all and now it's gonna drive me nuts! Did someone say something they shouldn't have or what?

(Update) Nevermind just found their tweet about the episode and it apparently had a guest that was later outed as a sex pest or something, mystery solved.

Straight Outta CompUSA fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 14, 2022

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
lol who was the guest?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

probably connor golden

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
It’ll be a cold day in hell before I listen to an episode about piss drinking

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

https://soundcloud.com/reportthispost/197f-cum-town-with-realonlineboy

quote:

Whatever man this poo poo's boring who cares. Thanks to Sam (on twitter @realonlineboy) for joining us on this one and thanks to DAVID who selected this topic.

And of course thanks to Stav for quitting Cum Town the same weekend that this episode drops. Hey maybe our listeners can convince the people subscribing to their patreon to subscribe to ours now instead? Please god please do it

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Lol our very own Bust Rodd was featured

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Lol our very own Bust Rodd was featured

Haven't listened yet, is that on the free version?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Nope its at the very end of the Patreon feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Jesus loving christ the poop episode cmon guys