Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
A darling test of the combine, every year players are tested down to the gnats rear end about the size of their mitts. Every year we look and say "wow, that guy has tiny hands" and wonder about his career as a car salesman before completely forgetting about hand size after the draft. Some keep the moniker, such as Alex "Tiny Hands" Smith who, as you can see below, does not in fact have the smallest hands. Does hand size correlate to superbowl wins? Regular season wins? Does the fact that Michael "Vick" Vick's hands were tiny matter in the grand scheme of things? How small is too small?

Other Notables:

Colin Kaepernick (9 ⅛)
Ryan Tannehill (9")
Tony Romo (8 ⅞)
Michael Vick (8 ¼)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Blitz7x posted:

A darling test of the combine, every year players are tested down to the gnats rear end about the size of their mitts. Every year we look and say "wow, that guy has tiny hands" and wonder about his career as a car salesman before completely forgetting about hand size after the draft. Some keep the moniker, such as Alex "Tiny Hands" Smith who, as you can see below, does not in fact have the smallest hands. Does hand size correlate to superbowl wins? Regular season wins? Does the fact that Michael "Vick" Vick's hands were tiny matter in the grand scheme of things? How small is too small?

Other Notables:

Colin Kaepernick (9 ⅛)
Ryan Tannehill (9")
Tony Romo (8 ⅞)
Michael Vick (8 ¼)

Interesting to think that Bridgewater got poo poo on for his hands being too small when Rivers had been killing it for over a decade with the same hand size.

Edit: Also in case you weren't getting to it, Red Boxes are QBs that have won Superbowls as the starting QB, red dots are QBs that have won the MVP.

Also
Brett Favre Hand Size: 10.38"
Peyton Manning: 10.13"

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 13, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i mean vick fumbled a lot

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I like that chart because it makes it seem like the guys at the top have hands that stretch a yard or two from one side to the other while the guys at the bottom have minuscule tiny baby hands that you can barely see

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why isn't Wentz on that list. this is BULLSHIT FOREVER

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

indigi posted:

why isn't Wentz on that list. this is BULLSHIT FOREVER

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

thanks. I wouldn't have expected that level of bigness from his occasional fumble problems but hopefully that's behind him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_bE7g2wqM

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:gas:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Reported.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

whats up with the little dudes with enormous hands, thats weird. goff at the bottom and brees/wilson at the top

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't know

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking about Robert Kraft stepping into a massage parlor and staring at a graph like this for 5 minutes before making a selection.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

whats up with the little dudes with enormous hands, thats weird. goff at the bottom and brees/wilson at the top .

*sexy voice*
You know what they say about a man's hand size to height ratio?

Serious post: it's a useful metric, but doesn't tell the whole story.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

I don't know

perhaps there trolls?

Kalli posted:

Thinking about Robert Kraft stepping into a massage parlor and staring at a graph like this for 5 minutes before making a selection.

lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
*sees Nick Foles at #2*

Well, you know what they say about big hands...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Weak collarbone?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Looks at Aaron Rodgers at 10.13

:hmmyes:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lamar Jackson has 9.5 inch hands

I have no opinion on this

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Geez, how could Vick throw the ball so consistently with that hand size?

My hands are like 1/2 inch bigger than his and the ball is constantly squirting out of my grip when I'm out in the yard throwing to the kids, and that's without an army of three hundred pound men trying to swat it away from me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

deflate the ball some, or stop using a rubber ball

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Huh.

Tua and Aaron Rodgers have the same hand size.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

unleash the Paxton

also what size are Hackenberg's hands

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

seiferguy posted:

*sees Nick Foles at #2*

Nick Foles: Big Hands, Big Dick

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

My take away from all this is that my tiny, girl-like 8” hands would be laughed out immediately. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

seiferguy posted:

*sees Nick Foles at #2*

Yeah but Brett fav-re's are almost as big and... Well...