Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I beat Baranor DLC on Gravewalker. I wouldn't recommend it. But some funny things happened along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Jade Star posted:

I beat Baranor DLC on Gravewalker. I wouldn't recommend it. But some funny things happened along the way.

Lol i hope thats a deadpool thing and when the spear comes out his name changes to bork the happy.

I really enjoyed your LP jade star, good job.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS4ofqYWBs8
There's some interesting background information from the developers about how Nemesis system was developed in there.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Jade Star posted:

I feel like Bork has a legitimate complaint.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Baranor's DLC definitely impressed me in how entertaining it was to watch even though you no longer had the ability of branding and controlling orcs: between the new gadgets and Baranor's interactions with his brother and the return of Torvin, there were some really fun moments. It certainly looked better gameplay-wise than the Blade of Galadriel DLC, who still had its upsides story-wise, but all the captains with their immunities created many slogs of a fight.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Whoever is doing the voice acting for Serka is just wonderful. They are enjoying the poo poo out of their role.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It wasn't the voice actor for Ratbag! Ratbag was played by Phil LaMarr, and Serka the Unextinguishable was played by Usman Ally, who is a TV guy

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I wonder if that No One Lives Forever (NOLF) screen at the end was a callback for the Monolith team

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I´ve mentioned this before but if Monolith were to develop a more involved version (or spiritual successor) of the Baranor DLC I´d happily buy it in an heartbeat.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Finally caught up with my backlog, awesome LP as always. Baranor's DLC looks fun; either you engage with the time score attack part of it or they give you enough options to become ridiculously silly in combat if you just want to keep screwing around attacking the orcs with treasure (Talion eats brains for captain intel, Baranor is all about the Benjamins Silver Saurons I guess). Definitely will have to try it sometime, it is much more fun looking than Eltariel's "work out how to kill this puzzle boss and wield a super flashlight for your only special trick" stuff. Baranor playing super-gadget Batman is much more awesome looking, especially since as noted speed seems to be his thing when it comes to how he moves and strikes. The animations in general were very cool, you noted the "cut off the orc's arm and beat him with it" move, but I also loved one of Baranor's executes where he beheads the orc then pokes him to make his body fall over.

Man, I'm starting to think from that final fortress most of the commanders there got reassigned to it from the rest of Mordor because every other orc in Mordor thought they were total buzzkills. Fortress boss rants about being betrayed when lots of the bosses Talion fought cheerfully noted treachery was a good idea (and then said they'd kill him regardless, but at least they weren't GRUMPY about being backstabbed, which has to happen like every Tuesday in Mordor anyway), all the other bosses are making all these serious comments/threatening to kill their underlings for screwing up letting Baranor get this far... seriously, where's the typical orcish joie de vie guys? Then again, if spilling grog summons giant worms there, maybe they're all more sober than they'd like to be, which would explain things.

Bookthief
Jan 28, 2019
There's something entertaining how so many of the fort captains have a fear of spiders, and the overlord has the title The sand spider.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Serka and Baranor's banter got a little too much MCU for me at times, but I thought they were entertaining overall.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I've got one recorded online assault to be put out later with real commentary, but I'm going to stream some more of that right now over at https://www.twitch.tv/sa_Jadestar

There were three Elf challenges I missed in Lithlad, so I'm going to knock those out to 100% the save file and then upgrade the fortress and go online with it.

all done,. trip report: A glave elf challenge. uuugh. which required me to purchase a skill that was in no way needed for the challenge.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 18, 2020

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
A little bit of bad news here. Olesh is going to be unavailable for commentary anytime soon as he's traveling and taking care of his family. I'm essentially done here anyway having done everything but a few level 80 online assaults. I may try to squeeze out one or two more videos as the very last thing I had in mind was going to Midnight's fortress and showing off what sort of nightmare a full level 80 legendary fort looks like and try to get her net to hold long enough to record that.

I haven't committed on what I want to do next, but have a short list of ideas, and of course am receptive to what my viewers would be interested in.

Attack of the Earthlings - Is a very comedic strategy game. It's very strange, but it's sort of like a mix up between stealth and X-com, if you were playing as the chrysalids. You play as the aliens defending their home planet from a human drilling corporation. It's really hard to paint an accurate picture of it, but it's light strategy and a lot of humor. Fairly short, would make a good change of pace.

BattleTech - More of the strategy brand I'm known for. It's been out a while and I think most people that known what mechwarrior is know what this game is. I was considering the story campaign because while the sandbox free mode is very fun, I don't think I could make a real entertaining LP out of it. With out the narrative and short term goals I think it would just be Jade and the Mech sandbox, which would get old eventually.

X-Com 2 - War Of The Chosen changed a lot... More than I really knew or admitted when it came out. Having gone back and streamed 2 games of it in the last several months or so, I realize there's a lot more to it that it would, indeed, be worth revisiting. Also I miss Guava. Also it's still just fun to play that game. And thanks to Midnight we've preserved, saved, and cleaned up the giant goon create a character pool from the first LP signups.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
Short comedy games are a nice change of pace and help prevent burnout. Plus, out of the three, I have no familiarity at all with 'Attack of the Earthlings', so that automatically makes it the most interesting choice.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Attack of the Earthlings sounds like fun.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Yeah I think Attack of the Earthlings would be the most interesting, War of the Chosen can wait.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Attack of the Earthlings should be fun short romp.
Though I wouldn't mind seeing BattleTech at some point. Not sure why, but that game never clicked for me when I played it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

EricFate posted:

Short comedy games are a nice change of pace and help prevent burnout. Plus, out of the three, I have no familiarity at all with 'Attack of the Earthlings', so that automatically makes it the most interesting choice.

Basically this, yeah. Though I would like to see you do Battletech at some point.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'd like to see Attack of the Earthicans too. All I know about it is that it's XCOM but you're the aliens. War of the Chosen would be interesting too. Will the LP be an entire playthrough, or just highlights of what's changed?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Battletech is a good game, but I think it would be quite same-y. XCom can be repetitive but at least the terrain influences how you play things while BT is mostly about getting into flat stuff so you can shoot freely. Fun to play, but watching it all blurs.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Battletech is a good game, but I think it would be quite same-y. XCom can be repetitive but at least the terrain influences how you play things while BT is mostly about getting into flat stuff so you can shoot freely. Fun to play, but watching it all blurs.

I would kind of like ot see X-COM WotC. The last LP of X-COM 2 was quite good but stalled out (Not that I blame the LPer for that at all) and the only other one I remember was pre WotC and the LPers mostly hit on a couple of really broken items and used them to cheese through the entire midgame.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I´d like to see Attack of the Earthlings and maybe it would be a fun, short palette cleanser for you, Jade?

EDIT: After that though, are you entertaining any thoughts of Battlebrothers if you have the DLC´s?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

With special guest commentator Mouse and Keyboard noises! I wanted to get at least one of these up just to show off what can be done aside from the main game. Normally you can do these things during the main game and they can be a good way to level up, get loot, and recruit captains. Just with resetting my save file it took a while to get back to the level where the online conquest match maker thought I should be at.

CHIMlord
Jul 1, 2012
For those interested, Jade Star's opponent in this episode is Lǐ Qīng tiào bā lěi in Mandarin and Lei6 Ceng1 tiu3 baa1 leoi4. I think it means "Lǐ Qīng jumps over the banana/fragrant buds"? 我的漢語不很好, 對不起.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Jade, do you have any plans for an LP of XCOM: Chimera Squad?

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
Something I want to point out. When this game first came out, Talion didn't have any lines for when he wrath-handed enemies. Since base game it's always Celebrimbor who says stuff, once Talion loses him, dominating Orcs always just had him scowling at them and making a vague growly noise.

EDIT: As for the Orcs in the player forts that have Iron Will, I think that can happen if you get them at low level and then level them up.

Gothsheep fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 27, 2020

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Gothsheep posted:

Something I want to point out. When this game first came out, Talion didn't have any lines for when he wrath-handed enemies. Since base game it's always Celebrimbor who says stuff, once Talion loses him, dominating Orcs always just had him scowling at them and making a vague growly noise.

HRRRRNNGH

x-recruit

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

White Coke posted:

Jade, do you have any plans for an LP of XCOM: Chimera Squad?

None. Honestly wasn't a big fan of it at launch, and shelved it when it had bugs that needed fixing. I should give it a try again sometime, but honestly I think I'd prefer to bug Guava into LPing it and being his co-commentator for it.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I definitely want to see you do WotC but if you want to take a break with Attack of the Earthlings, go nuts.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jade Star posted:

None. Honestly wasn't a big fan of it at launch, and shelved it when it had bugs that needed fixing. I should give it a try again sometime, but honestly I think I'd prefer to bug Guava into LPing it and being his co-commentator for it.

Is he interested in LPing it?

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

White Coke posted:

Is he interested in LPing it?

I may or may not be making vague threats about possibly being insane enough to consider playing and recording footage from two states away from my computer and LPing the drat thing myself at this point.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Olesh posted:

I may or may not be making vague threats about possibly being insane enough to consider playing and recording footage from two states away from my computer and LPing the drat thing myself at this point.

OleshMoment

White Coke
May 29, 2015
GuavOlesh.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Olesh posted:

Sweet!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Hey guys, so I let like an entire month get away from me due to being lethargic and then sleeping very very poorly for several weeks. But hey, I'm back, doing better, being awake during the daylight, good things. I've got this one last video for you guys before I call it done here and get started on Attack of the Earthlings.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

What Jade didn't notice, was that he was already wearing his 90% curse duration legendary.

A bunch of Midnight's orcs were enraged by spider.

Oh also - do you get anything for filling up your XP bar at level 80? Like a lootbox or?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Prestige points. Which give you very tiny bonuses like health gain on kill, more might per hit, focus on kill, etc.