Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Pellegrini got hit with some object thrown from the stands when he was lining up to take a corner, had to get his head bandaged up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

trem_two posted:

Pellegrini got hit with some object thrown from the stands when he was lining up to take a corner, had to get his head bandaged up

New AV time?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

New AV time?

lol

also right about now it seems like Wolves are missing Boly

Weedle
May 31, 2006

trem_two posted:

lol

also right about now it seems like Wolves are missing Boly

Yup, seems I spoke too soon :smith:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Weedle posted:

It feels pretty silly that I was ever worried about how a relatively small squad would handle the simultaneous load of the PL and EL. Now we’re fifth in the league and will likely finish top of our EL group, without Boly. It feels like these guys can do anything.

Anything except put away teams. Wolves can simply never make things easy for themselves.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Rip emery

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

The result isn't as wanted but tactically it was a very good ebening

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MarkyMBryans/status/1200166512201543680

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Until KSE lose more money from not firing Emery vs paying him off unlikely.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Until KSE lose more money from not firing Emery vs paying him off unlikely.

Pretty sure that's already happening they're just too loving dumb to realize how damaging it is to allow this to continue.. but I won't be surprised if he still isn't gone.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

T Bowl posted:

Pretty sure that's already happening they're just too loving dumb to realize how damaging it is to allow this to continue.. but I won't be surprised if he still isn't gone.

From a MBA suit perspective they'll just cut more off the wage bill as well as other expenses. Ozil will be gone (good, bad, whatever)Auba allowed to leave (cost savings via not spending wages) and the club continue to be run into the ground until such time paying Emery off is deemed more economical vs a poor finish in the Prem and threatening their best possible payday of winning Europa. Josh has always been an absolute failson with even less skill in football than he had with the Avalanche and Nuggets. But he's the one with billions so RIP.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYiAv5gZBuU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

EvilHawk posted:

I'm usually the first to laugh at United but yeah, what trem_two said is true. It was a meaningless game and they played the kids away from home so they can continue their dominating performance in the league.

More like "because they're one injury away from the whole team imploding into League 6". And a good decision it was too, because those Astana players put in some loving Eastern European challenges last night.

But yeah, meaningless game, a bunch of kids made their debuts and fashion designer JLINGZ broke his duck so maybe he'll be less poo poo from a while again?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

rex rabidorum vires posted:

From a MBA suit perspective they'll just cut more off the wage bill as well as other expenses. Ozil will be gone (good, bad, whatever)Auba allowed to leave (cost savings via not spending wages) and the club continue to be run into the ground until such time paying Emery off is deemed more economical vs a poor finish in the Prem and threatening their best possible payday of winning Europa. Josh has always been an absolute failson with even less skill in football than he had with the Avalanche and Nuggets. But he's the one with billions so RIP.

Lol they fired him dude lmao

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
It'd sure be nice if Arsenal could generate some offense against Standard loving Liege.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol they fired him dude lmao

It's wild to me that there are Arsenal fans who think KSE is engaged enough with Arsenal to care about whether or not they can afford to pay off Emery.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Farcenal :negative:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lol Barsenal

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

That pitch is atrocious, how is that even allowed

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Frankfurt really Arsenal'd that up

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I had forgotten that Lazio crashed out of this lmao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

We won the group, loving amazing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Simone Poodoin posted:

It's very good

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wolves playing more starters than I suspected. Taking their shot at winning the group I guess.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Simone Poodoin posted:

Wouldn't be the first time the fascists crashed out of Europe

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1205238550670786560

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Pretty cool how Nuno was like "go score a hat trick" and Jota was like "ok" and then did it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

He's been so unlucky so many times this year it was only a matter before he started putting them in. That's what, 5 in 2 games now?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

2 az

But seriously nice to see United score a bunch of goals and get the top spot in the group. No fear of playing a decent team that fell out of the UCL yet.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Ashley Young scored from the right back position, Dutch football has a lot to answer for.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Roma squeaked in I see. Can teams from the same country be drawn in the first knockout? Would love to see them knock out Inter.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Perhaps? This absolute farce of a tournament has a round of 32 knock-out stage, so I doubt they can get cute when it comes to that

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wolves can't draw any of the english clubs or braga for the first round so I assume not.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Gigi Galli posted:

It's very good

It is

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
knockout stage thread here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907205

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RIP Qarabags and Gladrags, the only good joke I've ever made.