Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

OUT NOW ON SWITCH, PS4, AND STEAM

AI: The Somnium Files is the newest game by Kotaro Uchikoshi (and his team). Uchikoshi is the author of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward! and zero time dilemma but life is simply unfair. If you've never played any of those games, they're a blend of visual novel/adventure/puzzle games. AI is a standalone game, so you don't need to have played any of his other games.

But if you have, you know what you're in for. Quirky writing, murder mysteries, plot twists, science :words:, flowcharts and puzzles. Unlike the Zero Escape trilogy, the puzzles in this one aren't really escape rooms with disconnected puzzles giving you the key out, but rather give you a variety of ways to interact with objects with a limited amount of time, and figuring out solutions through context clues and just winging it. It works.

Story

quote:

One rainy night in November, a woman's body is found at an abandoned theme park, mounted on a merry-go-round horse. She had been stabbed repeatedly, and her left eye was gouged out.

Kaname Date of the Metropolitan Police Department arrives on the scene. He recognizes the woman. Suddenly, a crash rings out through the rain...

AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES chronicles an investigation through both dreams and reality. A thrilling neo-noir detective adventure following Date and his partner is about to unfold.

Goon Opinions

Me: It's really good and engaging, 7 hours in.

theblackw0lf posted:

I think this is his most cohesive story since 999.

theblackw0lf posted:

Finished AI. That was loving fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
This game's out already?

Guess I know what I'm doing today.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Threads from alternate realities???

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Son of a bitch, I didn't even notice another one had been made. Closign! :v: