Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I would not be surprised if the screenshots we all saw over the years were just mockups. Like, I dunno, this kinda reminds me of SotS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

HolyKrap posted:

This was the second early access game I bought and after Wollay disappeared I never bought any more (except for backing Bloodstained). It was a bit of a letdown but I got a few hours in the alpha so whatever. Now here we are, 6 years later, the game who's developer vanished finally releases, and all it is now is a memory of that time long ago where I wasted money on an early access game. It's kind of amazing

It is, isn't it? I mean it is really incredible that, even if it turned out to be crap, Wollay did release the game eventually

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Games I have Early Access Regret for:

Atlas
Blackwake (This was fun at EA launch, then the racist mic spammers hit the scene)
Conan Exiles
DayZ
Kings and Heroes
YLands

Tons of others bought before Steam gave refunds.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Givin posted:

Games I have Early Access Regret for:

Atlas
Conan Exiles

I chased that elusive "first month of Ark" feeling from these games too :sigh:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I am yikes-ing in my pants over this game!!! If the dev actually addresses all these issues we might have a good game on our hands?

Skill tree was stupid IMO.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Addressing all the issues essentially means throwing out his current design vision for the game which is never going to happen.

He hasn't shown any ability to fix things like AI or enemy balance either so eh

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Man I only heard of this game a few days before launch and was looking forward to give it a spin. Guess I'll just not buy it now.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
If nothing else, this botched launch has introduced me to Hytale, which seems like the project to shift my hopes for an “Infinite Adventuring Game” to. Really I should just abandon my dumbass idea that Procedural Generation can deliver that kind of experience any time soon, but oh well!

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Windows 10 has this game failed to load. I built this rig from scratch less than 3 months ago. Had to refund it because I couldn't play the dang thing to see what the fuss was all about...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

i am tim! posted:

If nothing else, this botched launch has introduced me to Hytale, which seems like the project to shift my hopes for an “Infinite Adventuring Game” to. Really I should just abandon my dumbass idea that Procedural Generation can deliver that kind of experience any time soon, but oh well!
:hmmyes:

If it pulls its promises off, Hytale looks like it should be fantastic, but that's a fairly big "If".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
game dead

rip cubeworld