Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Last monday I streamed for the first time and had a great time. I've been really excited to get started doing it. It worked perfectly for 12 hours. Streamed some the next night as well.

I turned off the stream, shut down my computer, and went to bed. I woke up, I turned on my stream, and it doesn't work anymore. Not one single setting of any kind changed anywhere on my computer that I am aware of.

Now, when I try to stream fortnite, everything is fine until I click into the game. From there it shows a single frame of the lobby in windowed mode(I am not in windowed mode). It shows my cursor moving around over this single frame of the lobby, but not what is actually happening on my screen. Again, nothing changed settings wise and I am at my wits end with this. I have tried to figure out why it's doing this for hours and hours and hours and hours. I've honestly spent more time trying to fix this than I have playing fortnite in the last week and I'm just so far beyond frustrated with it. I have made zero progress and have not been able to cause any kind of change to the problem.

I have googled this to the ends of the earth and back and I can't find even one reference of anybody anywhere with any game having a problem even remotely similar to this.

Here is what is actually on my display: https://imgur.com/yudReAz

Here is what shows on my stream: https://imgur.com/nRoAnzn

Note that it shows me in windowed mode - I am NOT in windowed mode. Once I downsize fortnite and go back to the desktop it has no problem streaming anything else. But once I try go back into fortnite it returns to a single frozen frame.

Please help me, I'm so frustrated I'm about to just quit and give up on gaming, computers, streaming and life in general. I'm seriously beyond any previously known limits of how frustrated I can feel with anything in my life, I really really need help. I just don't know what else to try.

I am on windows 7 64-bit, with a geforce titan X video card, i7 -3820 3.6 ghz cpu, 12 GB of ram, alienware aurora pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

You could try running DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2351 and then installing the latest GPU drivers.

If that doesn't help I'd try reinstalling the streaming software.