Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Gromit posted:

I've got pretty good at statue-kicking Steve but I'd still rather not as it's no guarantee, and you need to succeed in each mountain until your build is strong enough to kill him normally.

e: on worms: I like to have an empty flask on hand for worm blood, especially when you get to the jungle and want to keep an eye out for heart mages.

I've been waiting to kick him lately until I have a few decent wand bases or good potential to put one together before the next steve; I usually only collapse one or two before I can find a way to get out without triggering him.

Also big worms are rough when all you have is a starter wand with two spark bolts; then again early worm blood is absolutely fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Ah, swapper mages, ruining my ridiculous homing plasma-orbit mist.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Clark Nova posted:

A worm did it. The crystal under the holy mountain is supposed to repel them but it is far from perfect

From my observations worms seem to be more likely to anger the gods if you haven't entered the temple yet, guessing it's because they can apparently dig through map chunks that haven't been fully loaded/generated so the crystal hasn't spawned in yet?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Does anyone know of a way to get the sound back when it invariably bugs out?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
"Restart with enabled mods" should fix the sound issue temporarily, though admittedly it's just a faster version of quitting out, reopening the game and loading the save.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Anyone make a melee kicking run work? How do you do it? I've attempted a few times but things never panned out.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Welp. I have officially drown in the blood of my enemies. Which, while metal as hell, is deeply disappointing in that this was probably my best shot to actually score a regular win in this game where you die sometimes for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

DrSunshine posted:

Anyone make a melee kicking run work? How do you do it? I've attempted a few times but things never panned out.

Freeze-kicking works well on a ton of enemies, but if you come up against things that are immune to freezing you will be in trouble.