Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Carmen Sandiego Season 3's release date is October 1.

Back in March, someone posted on https://www.archive.org the 1986-1997 games in a format compatible with Windows Vista through Windows 10 PCs without using an emulator:
https://archive.org/details/vilebox
https://fycarmensandiego.tumblr.com/downloads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

galenanorth posted:

Carmen Sandiego Season 3's release date is October 1.

Birthday present! :toot:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hell yeah.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Senerio posted:

Hell yeah.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7e6calQJ30

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh, Dante Basco and Grey DeLisle playing a pair of arrogant martial artist who get worked over by the protagonists. Never seen that one before :v:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Has anyone done the choose your own adventure thing? Was it any good?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I enjoyed it. Worth it for the bonus scene.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
That was truly an amazing bonus scene.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Bonus scene is very good, the tango scene is very good, only thing wrong with the CYOA episode is that leaving Tigress in the hole gives you a bad end despite being the objectively right thing to do.

Edit: I need to go back and re-watch some of the best episodes before the new season drops. Definitely the India and Japan ones at least.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 27, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Apparently season three has (currently?) only five episodes. I wonder why. Gonna watch them later today.

The_Doctor posted:

Birthday present! :toot:
Happy birthday!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

cant cook creole bream posted:

Apparently season three has (currently?) only five episodes. I wonder why. Gonna watch them later today.

Happy birthday!

Thank you! :toot:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah I'm only seeing five episodes as well, which is pretty disappointing. Animation takes a long time, so I wonder if the first few months of the pandemic didn't interrupt production enough that they said "well you can have five episodes in October or ten episodes in Spring 2021."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah I'm only seeing five episodes as well, which is pretty disappointing. Animation takes a long time, so I wonder if the first few months of the pandemic didn't interrupt production enough that they said "well you can have five episodes in October or ten episodes in Spring 2021."

This is how Netflix does animation. They started doing it with Voltron to claim the shows have more "seasons" when really they just split a single already in-progress season in two. They've gotten better at it since then, but if you go back and watch where they started doing it with Voltron you'd have seasons that ended on what would have been a mild mid-season two parter cliffhanger and the stakes are hilariously overplayed to make it seem more important than it really is.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Well at least they were good episodes. Critical lack of Jules, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I loved how that art fence completely played Carmen for an utter fool. And how she in turn was outmaneuvered by the bumbling Southies.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Moon Slayer posted:

Well at least they were good episodes. Critical lack of Jules, though.

Yeah, the lack of her in the trailers was a bit worrying. Hopefully she comes back in the back half.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If nothing else, I'm pleased to see that Chase has finally put the whole puzzle together regarding Carmen. Interested to see where that one goes from here.

Also Shadow-san continues to be the best character.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The guest characters in the first two episodes were great, and the first episode's storytelling was movie-quality. I laughed out loud when Zach and Ivy didn't flinch when the VILE operative shattered the Colombian artifact and then stuck her hand in the vase with Zach's vomit

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, that's good stuff.

I'm really glad that Shadow-san is sticking around as a permanent fourth member of the gang. I thought he was going to be coming and going, and sometimes he is, but despite the fact he's a grown man hanging out with a bunch of teenagers, he's very much one of the crew.

Prediction for season 3.5: Jules is going to be the fifth member. She's probably out there already stealing from VILE on her own.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I really like what they've been doing with colours so you can tell who's on whose side and whose favour scenes are playing out in with red for Team Carmen, green for VILE, and blue for ACME, so that when Sonia comes in with yellow as her trademark colour, it truly throws you for a loop as to what way she's going to go. I hope she comes back later on, because she was a fun foil to Carmen.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
100% that in 3.5 a caper is going to send them to Egypt and Jules is going to either help or join there.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mooXTrcvNg

:woop:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It’s always nice to see an interaction between Carmen and Brunt where Brunt’s not trying to snap her neck in a fit of Mommy Rage :3:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, that definitely smacked of "we totally got cancelled because Netflix loving sucks and still has zero faith in their animation department", but at least they wrapped everything up really well.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It was a good ending and it did not feel like a rushed, or sudden cancelation. I honestly could not tell if that was an actual cancelation or just the end of the story the creators wanted to tell, since it is wrapped up really well.

I had quite a bit of fun with this show. I liked the man in the middle interception in Munich. And Ivy is great anyway.
Also the last episode kinda ruled too. That montage of the ACME agents capturing the higher ups, where each one tries to get away with their own style was sublime. Especially since Cleo didn't try to run and chose to dramatically stare at the sundown instead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

It was a good ending and it did not feel like a rushed, or sudden cancelation. I honestly could not tell if that was an actual cancelation or just the end of the story the creators wanted to tell, since it is wrapped up really well.

I had quite a bit of fun with this show. I liked the man in the middle interception in Munich. And Ivy is great anyway.
Also the last episode kinda ruled too. That montage of the ACME agents capturing the higher ups, where each one tries to get away with their own style was sublime. Especially since Cleo didn't try to run and chose to dramatically stare at the sundown instead.

That moment of Chief and Gunnar staring each other down in person was basically everything I’d ever wanted since the show started. Also Zack and Ivy becoming ACME agents alongside Chase and Jules was nice. A good way to tie things in to the 90s show where they were ACME all along, as was the brief Evil Carmen stretch.

I suppose you’re right, they certainly stuck the landing at least, so it certainly felt like it was ending on its own terms more than most shows tend to.Perhaps I’m just suspicious because Netflix loves to swing axes these days more than Lizzie Borden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm only 4 episodes in (it's really good so far) but if nothing else I'm real happy that whichever production member is the big opera fan is still working on the show.