Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Those punks are all present or future Brujah and therefore servants of the Wyrm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Armor 1337
Jul 28, 2023

Ferrinus posted:

Those punks are all present or future Brujah and therefore servants of the Wyrm.

Like couldn't they just jump them in a ally and fight them one on one like a true warrior? Like the Cult don't even have to worry about the police since they got the local PD in the pockets.

Ghost Armor 1337 fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 27, 2024

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ferrinus posted:

Yes, being chased around by a curse is cool. But, "no, it makes sense, because it is a magic curse" does not really free you from the burden of having your writing read and interpreted.

ZearothK posted:

Ultimately what determine if a game is problematic is what goes on at the table, so the burden is on the GM and players.

The two quotes above really speak to me. They are true for any version of the game you play.

I'm trying to understand how I feel about all of this and not kneejerk.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Alright, which of you let the Eldest get into the dogs
https://twitter.com/pli_cachete/status/1784239140889862576

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

This is Coyote's doing, Loomer, you know that as well as I

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

When did the Eldest go canine.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I listen to a podcast , Are You Afraid of the Dark Universe, where they create scripts for the Universal Pictures Dark Universe that died with the flop of tom cruise's Mummy movie. Hearing the monster mashups of the stand alone films coming together in their Avengers Style, Dark Legion movies just makes me real sad that, aside from Kindred the Embraced, which didn't go all in on VtM, we never really got any WoD/CoD movies.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
That's a great idea for a podcast but it should be named "Let the games... begin." Or at least the hosts should say that phrase a minimum of two times per episode.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the actual podcast loving rules, especially because the two hosts go back and forth on how they're developing the scripts. While they're all horror, they range from traditional horror, period pieces, action/horror, to comedy horror. My personal suggestion for anyone who doesn't want to just jump in at the begining is to listen to the first episode where they go over the premise of the podcast and how they have to build off the Tom Cruise Mummy film, skip to The Invisible Man starring John C Reily, and then The Phantom of the Phantom of the Opera. If those don't hook you, nothing will. But starting at episode 1 and just going chronological is a great ride.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Uhhhh and what of cinematic masterpiece Dracula Untold? Did Sultan Mehmed II produce this podcast??

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I’m listening to the first podcast. They say “snarky” while describing a host in the first minute so I’m not hopeful. I’ll expect $5 if I don’t like it

E: alright the invisible man episode is pretty good.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\Yeah that usually grabs people because it's hilarious. The Dark Legion episodes and the Holiday special are also done with a full cast for the script read.

Ferrinus posted:

Uhhhh and what of cinematic masterpiece Dracula Untold? Did Sultan Mehmed II produce this podcast??

They actually discuss whether or not that should be canon since it was supposed to to be the first attempt at launching the Dark Universe. Later on, they do bring back Charles Dance's character in, I think, Dracula Lives.