Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mountaincat

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.
I once had to ask for a refund because I couldn't solve a CAPTCHA. For some reason they made you do one of those before you set up their audiobook app on your tablet. But I had already bought the audiobook using their regular web site. So I was stuck with an audiobook I couldn't use.

Hearing this, you may think I was angry about the Poor User Experience. But no. I was brought nearly to tears. Just write down the letters and numbers and then you can listen to Tim Curry read A Series of Unfortunate Events to you. It's OK, you missed it a few times. The next time you will get it. You know letters and numbers. You can do it.

But I could not. They gave me my money back, but not my pride!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

i could've solved it but i was too proud

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/buster-captcha-solver/

bro

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I seriously no joke wrote an angry email to a webmaster to an old Everquest Bards website because of that evilness.

Caps lock wasn't on, and I was doing what it told me- I just could never get it to work.

I got access manually by the webmaster but then I felt bad about my outburst because Bards were pretty chill :smith:

Escape From Noise

For sale: my pride, never used.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

For sale: my pride, never used.

Domus

Kidney Buddies
At least you have a chance at answering correctly. For a while in the early days of captcha there was no audio option. My one friend who’s blind would just randomly get screwed by websites, because the words are specifically designed not to be readable by a screen reader.

mountaincat

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.
If Acid Burn and Zero Cool spray paint camo colors on their laptops and try to break in to my audiobook library, do that thing where it shows a cartoon wall on their screen blocking their efforts. And if that doesn't work, maybe make them wait a minute or two before trying to guess my password again. It was B00tyb00tyb00ty!, by the way. Now it's something else. I can never remember so I just do "forgot password" all the time.

CRAP-TCHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

I feel you, op