Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

The Chiefs traded a first and second round pick and paid 105M to acquire Frank Clark this offseason. Through five games he has one sack and six solo tackles

They let Dee Ford and Justin Houston go and spent their Chris Jones rainy day find to do it

You hate to see it

I'm not convinced the defense would be better with Ford, although the pass rush would be better.

Somehow that hasn't been the problem even though the pass rush sucks. Houston would definitely have helped though.

e: It should also be noted that no matter how bad the run defense is and time of possession and all of that if the Chiefs score 13 points the Chiefs aren't winning. Maaaaaaaybe in a really weird game against the Dolphins or something but probably not then either.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play posted:

Yeah they clearly didn't know what to do and instead of thinking it through they panicked, knowing that they couldn't stop the game forever and ended up just letting him walk off when he should've been cared for the whole way and put in a stretcher

The doctors completely panicking just because a cart didn't work seems like gross medical license losing incompetence though.. There's what 3 MD's hanging around that know better not to mention EMT's and various assistants that know the protocol in this scenario.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

The Chiefs traded a first and second round pick and paid 105M to acquire Frank Clark this offseason. Through five games he has one sack and six solo tackles

They let Dee Ford and Justin Houston go and spent their Chris Jones rainy day find to do it

You hate to see it
Chris Jones is more of the same as Dee Ford and they're both big liabilities against the run.

I don't even know what to make of this team anymore. Doesn't matter who they shuffle in or out anymore because the Defense constantly isn't very physical. They could have kept Ford and Houston and signed Aaron Donald in the Offseason and they would still give up over 5 YPC.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The doctors completely panicking just because a cart didn't work seems like gross medical license losing incompetence though.. There's what 3 MD's hanging around that know better not to mention EMT's and various assistants that know the protocol in this scenario.
You'd think the NFL, a brand worth billions and billions of dollars, wouldn't be so loving stupid, but here we are.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1181280157132132352?s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Translate for the rest of us please?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C-Euro posted:

The Panthers offense is bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

ANY/A is Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt. The Steelers are strangely awesome defensively is the point of the tweet.

quote:

ANY/A - adjusted net yards per passing attempt: (pass yards + 20*(pass TD) - 45*(interceptions thrown) - sack yards)/(passing attempts + sacks). See AY/A. Note that we are now using 20 yards per TD instead of 10, because of research by Chase Stuart at the p-f-r blog.

A bunch of math but basically green good red bad gray in the middle.

e: the Jags offense actually being awesome by that metric is surprising too.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 7, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
After scoring probably a bajillion fantasy points against the Rams Mike Evans was shut out against the Saints. Like, 0 catches on 3 targets shut out

Grittybeard posted:

Also it's adjusted based on how the opposing defense and offenses did against other teams

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

You'd think the NFL, a brand worth billions and billions of dollars, wouldn't be so loving stupid, but here we are.

Surprised they didn't go full Madden 92 or whatever it was where an ambulance would drive on and off the field and run dudes over coming and going

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

Surprised they didn't go full Madden 92 or whatever it was where an ambulance would drive on and off the field and run dudes over coming and going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_138p6uzhUk

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Who else would know him better?

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1181305453843603456

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Play posted:

After scoring probably a bajillion fantasy points against the Rams Mike Evans was shut out against the Saints. Like, 0 catches on 3 targets shut out

Also it's adjusted based on how the opposing defense and offenses did against other teams

My guess would be that the opponent-adjustment is being thrown off by some the woeful winless/1-win teams.

Pitt has played N.E (8th in offense by that ANY/A chart), Sea (2nd), S.F (16th), and Bal (21st). The Pats and Ravens both wrecked the Dolphins, which skews their offensive rating. San Fran had some strong performances versus Cincy and T.Bay. And the Seahawks have just been really good throughout.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i saw saw this lmao

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1180981224438939648

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao
https://twitter.com/DavidMcCoyWCCO/status/1181308170519678978

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Derrek Carr averaged 3 air yards per attempt with the focus on not letting mack get home. Plus losing Hicks again hurt

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Why

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

They're golfing buddies

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kalensc posted:

My guess would be that the opponent-adjustment is being thrown off by some the woeful winless/1-win teams.

Pitt has played N.E (8th in offense by that ANY/A chart), Sea (2nd), S.F (16th), and Bal (21st). The Pats and Ravens both wrecked the Dolphins, which skews their offensive rating. San Fran had some strong performances versus Cincy and T.Bay. And the Seahawks have just been really good throughout.

Yep. It's the kind of analysis that gets better throughout the year as more data is inputted and wouldn't be perfect unless every team played every other team. I'd think week 8 would be about the earliest it would actually produce useful information

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hot Diggity! posted:

They're golfing buddies

Man that is a random friendship

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
White NFL players are overwhelmingly evangelical Republican poo poo lords. It's not that random

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

White NFL players are overwhelmingly evangelical Republican poo poo lords. It's not that random

I really hated Kurt Warner for this. Every time he was anywhere near a mic, it was always something religious. I'm sure God's plan for you was to utterly destroy Trent Green's knee.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It’s not just white players

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So yeah so much for the Browns trying to end the streak...

Dat run establishment. Unf so beautfiul. I'm still concern what's up with Kyle though.. defintely need him to keep that running going.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Browns are just as bad as the rest of their sorry rear end division

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It’s not just white players

See: White, Reggie

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Is Odell Beckham the best QB on the Browns roster?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I know the Browns have a reputation, but they have to get rid of Kitchens. If he fucks up Baker he's worse than Hue.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I wonder what Robert Saleh said to Baker after the game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So another year of "Next year is the Browns' year" I guess

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Play posted:

Seriously.

Also, Pittsburgh is claiming the cart wouldn't start due to "operator error" which makes even stupider somehow

Haha of course.

I'm sure that this has come up before, but I'm blanking: does each team bring in their own medical staff, or is the hosting team responsible for taking care of any injured player in their stadium?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Their own staff. The lady who has been the Ravens team doctor for at least a decade rode off the field with Tony Jefferson. Actually, they may have rode off in that same cart.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

ANY/A is Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt. The Steelers are strangely awesome defensively is the point of the tweet.

quote:

quote:
ANY/A - adjusted net yards per passing attempt: (pass yards + 20*(pass TD) - 45*(interceptions thrown) - sack yards)/(passing attempts + sacks). See AY/A. Note that we are now using 20 yards per TD instead of 10, because of research by Chase Stuart at the p-f-r blog.

e: the Jags offense actually being awesome by that metric is surprising too.

You know what I'm not seeing in this "so called" "advanced statistic" about "offensive production"?

:schotty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m looking forward to the days of running backs getting 30+ carries per game and 400+ carries in a year again.

CTE more like SEE TD