Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
All Ski Resort questions welcome

For now I just have one
Buying tickets used to be easy but not having been for nearly a decade it seams a lot has changed.
For obvious reasons they have tightened down the ticket window including actually passing legislation concerning tickets and thoes who hold them.
My question is this. I have some friends visiting this winter from abroad who want to ski. Im working so I will not be skiing with them. They know little english and I would like to purchase them tickets ahead of time. From what I gather this seams to be impossible unless I am missing something. Is there no way to gift someone ski ticktets without having to actually be on the hill to get them with photo id and credit card used for the purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I believe you're right. I'm not 100% sure though since I don't buy individual tickets.

Ticket window prices have gotten so high though that depending on how many days your friends are staying it may be worth them getting an Epic pass instead, which they can do pretty easily online. However, Vail stop selling them usually around American Thanksgiving (IIRC) so if they decide to go that route they have to buy them before the last day.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
Vail Resorts is the devil and you should not give them your money.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Nohearum posted:

Vail Resorts is the devil and you should not give them your money.

This too

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

HookShot posted:

I believe you're right. I'm not 100% sure though since I don't buy individual tickets.

Ticket window prices have gotten so high though that depending on how many days your friends are staying it may be worth them getting an Epic pass instead, which they can do pretty easily online. However, Vail stop selling them usually around American Thanksgiving (IIRC) so if they decide to go that route they have to buy them before the last day.

This. Depending on how many days theyll be there, it may be more worth it to get the pass. The break even point is like 5 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
Vail (Resorts) has a new day pass where you purchase a set number of days ahead of time, and then use them as the season goes on. If they are just going to be skiing a few days this would be the cheapest way to do it. I don't know the answer to purchasing tickets for someone else, although playing around with the purchasing page on Vail's website I see a field to "assign" a pass to someone, so perhaps you can purchase for someone else? I've done that kind of a transaction for other resort's passes, but never in the Vail fiefdom.

Uncle Lloyd fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 20, 2019