Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You know how it is. Somebody posted something like:

"Oh yeah Link's a champ at fishing. One of my favorite fishing things Right after Link accidentally kills Zelda and he winds up in the underground prison thing and learns to fish from the Goron gangster guy. That triple strength swing is really good fishin'.

You're skimming the threads looking for hot gameplay tips and general hype and impressions, you're gonna click on some spoilers that seem harmless. It's gonna happen. Context is the thing, people have an enticing innocent first part of a sentence posted, and the covered half of the sentence has a more major plot related spoiler than implied. It's just plain sloppy.

I know spoilers are just part of the package, if you want those sweet tips and hype. And we all have a line there. But hell, a fully redacted post would be better than this half a sentence stuff. At least then you'd be scared of the post and keep scrolling. You do have artistic license with your posts, but don't be sloppy out there. Be gentle with those spoilers.

Also, we mustn't spoil Death Stranding. It's gonna be too hype to avoid the thread, and drat it I can already see those sloppy spoilers coming. It's like cafeteria lunch all over again, some kind of microwave calzone of a post, spoiling Hideo's new opus. Hideo never spoiled anything in his life, he's very polite. No spoiled Death Strandings, that's my platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Rosebud is the name of his sled.