Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I must have been doing something deeply wrong then, because on several occasions I would match the flashing command as instructed, only to not heal (usually just as I was low on HP and about to be demolished by a Tyrant), or I would do nothing and my HP would magically refill. Also my TP would randomly go up and down without any discernible effect on me or my life.

This game does not communicate instructions very clearly, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Playing through this right now, and if there is anything the Xenoblade games get right, it is creating a massive world to explore.

Mega64 posted:

Our reward is a nice tank top that we can rock once we get back to the city. A tank top is not really going to protect us out here for now!

This is what your fashion gearset is for. Press the sub-menu button on the Ground Gear menu, and you can choose fashion gear. This actually equips whatever the item is, so you can't have everyone running around in same unique shirt, but you keep the stats of your regular equipment.

Casual Wear, like the tank top, can have good bonuses built-in (like improved item drops, or weather resistances), but don't have as much defense as actual armor.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

MachuPikacchu posted:

or I would do nothing and my HP would magically refill.

It's been a while so I could misremembering, but I'm pretty sure teammates can activate each other's soul voices, so it might have just been that.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Zack Ater posted:

It's been a while so I could misremembering, but I'm pretty sure teammates can activate each other's soul voices, so it might have just been that.

They can. They can do everything that you can do with voices.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Unoriginal One posted:

Survivability starts going up a fair bit once you get enough resources into Sakuraba to unlock their heavy armor line; being the physical-type manufacturer means their stuff has both physical resist and is tied for the second highest armor rating, and picks up HP mods as they're leveled further. It's real good, is what I'm saying.

I've spent so long in Hell I forgot what surviving based on HP and resistances feels like.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I've spent so long in Hell I forgot what surviving based on HP and resistances feels like.

I almost did too, but full rank 5 Sakuraba heavy backed up by Geolibrium left enough of an impression to stick. Stacked +HP/HP Rebound mods backed by regen can get really silly.

Just mind the Gravity damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've got a good bit going on (nothing bad or anything) and probably should've taken a longer break before jumping into something like this, so I'm taking a hiatus.

I might get back to this LP, I might do something else, no telling at this point. For now though, I'm gonna kick back and relax.