Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite goddess?
Neptune
Noire
Blanc
Vert (Don't pick this)
View Results

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The spirit of Ibble joins us this year (holy gently caress has it already been a year jesus christ) Also :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Once more I am summoned on this cursed night...

I think Ram is trying to use 'stealth marketing' as an example of a thing that has a hidden meaning, rather than being related to Hachimajin specifically. It's not entirely clear in Japanese either tbh though it's structured differently (she says 'seeing a lame joke like that*, doesn't it make you think there's a hidden meaning?')

In Japanese she says アフィリ (affili) before being cut off by Neptune, which, between the lack of possible options to complete it with and one comment on a video I found, is probably short for affiliate blog, ie blogs where you post stuff but your actual intent is to get money off people clicking your affiliate links.

Much like stealth marketing though, I'm not sure what the intended joke is. You're already stretching the definition of 'hidden meaning' here and more importantly who are these higher-ups who would get mad at you for just mentioning stealth marketing/affiliate blogs? I did poke around a bit in case there was some kind of past scandal with one of the companies but I couldn't find anything (though, searching for 'affiliate blog' mostly gets you affiliate blogs, so, I could easily have missed something). In any case, the Neptunia people are definitely not actually upset about this because Megadimension Neptunia VII literally has an affiliate blog reference character.

* on the previous screen, Neptune points out that HachimaJin is short for 8th Devil (hachibanme majin in Japanese) rather than saying she has no idea, I presume they cut that to avoid having to explain it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Polsy posted:

because Megadimension Neptunia VII literally has an affiliate blog reference character.

Lmao, of course

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

Your poll is invalid because theres no Plutia option

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The fact mods can't see who votes what so they can probe people that vote Vert is a travesty.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kickassia

Its that spooky time of the year again. If I don't post again next year its because one of my cohosts murdered me

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Didn't watch. Voted vert.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Namtab please, respect the most anticipated LP update of the year.

I guess the translators decided on the wrong reference when they figured it was 'King Pac', it's actually meant to be King Apook (or Reswob, if you prefer)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy posted:

Namtab please, respect the most anticipated LP update of the year.

I guess the translators decided on the wrong reference when they figured it was 'King Pac', it's actually meant to be King Apook (or Reswob, if you prefer)

Stealing my gimmick ftl

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

The fact mods can't see who votes what so they can probe people that vote Vert is a travesty.

Namtab posted:

Didn't watch. Voted vert.

Brave of you to post this where I'm IK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I regret only that I have only one vote for vert