Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I've been helping my mother go through an estate that itself held parts of the last estate she had helped with. Two sisters gone within a month of each other and both awesome folk. The surviving family has not a shred of sentiment to spare. I was issued a couple thumb drives to go through and find any valuable information. Anything else they don't care what happens with nor do they want a copy. Do as I please and keep the drives for my time. One contained 73 digitized 8mm film reels, both color and black and white with assorted subject matter. The other held ~1,500 photos, most scanned film prints. They don't want this stuff despite their sisters' significant efforts, I can't bring myself to delete a history, and some of it is awesome. So let's play around with some found photography in here. I'll lead with hunting season, move on to studs on trains, and go from there.

I can see myself getting into the collection of old snapshots because it is both awesome and I have started to wonder how much neat stuff just gets dumped as time marches on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
There was a “Dad photos” thread a while ago, it might have fallen into archives though.

Keep posting more shots

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I agree. These are neat to look at and ponder.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Passenger Car:

Wanna be the guy in the vest when I grow up but with a pipe.

E: Forgot a good candid portrait from that set.

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 12, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress yeah dadphotos are back :toot:

E: the old thread for those with archives, legit one of the best threads this subforum has had

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Mostly portraits:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Two stars in the window, at least one deployed to the Pacific theater, and the family doesn't want these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you can geotag any of those I guarantee some local historical society would love to see them.

Especially the old structures or if the people in them are historically important.