Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Problem description: I usually use my desktop with HDR enabled. It's the easiest way I've found to make windows play nice with HDR content. Last night when I put the machine to sleep, the desktop was displaying fine - when I woke it up this morning, the entire screen was as if I'd turned the brightness down to like 10% (I had not done this, all the TV's brightness settings are normal, as are the settings for the machine itself.) When I turn off HDR, the screen is a normal brightness. Just not having HDR is the only solution I can think of that I haven't tried right now but I'd rather not lose out on the feature.

I've had this problem in micosm - PDFs in chrome looked dark, but that was a pretty easy fix (use another application). I've read that issue is solved by turning off GPU acceleration in Chrome but that doesn't seem like a viable fix for the entire desktop.

Attempted fixes: Updated GPU drivers, restarted, full shutdown, different HDMI cables, different HDMI ports, restarted TV, turned HDR on and off on TV, looked for Windows updates that installed overnight to rollback.

Recent changes: Literally happened while I was sleeping - all I can think of is that I recently fixed a issue with Windows updates not installing correctly and got the May? June? Big update that changes some things around, including how HDR worked on some apps. But it ran fine since I installed that update like 2+ weeks ago.

Edit: Looks like my TV did an update last night, so I'm going to try and roll that back or reset the TV itself and see how that works.

Double Edit: It's def. the TV, my friends PS4 HDR is goosed too. This thread is probably in the wrong place now.

--

Operating system: Win 10

System specs: GTX1070, An i5 and like 16gb of ram I think.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU