Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
It's called self-selection and it happens with all internet communities. All it takes is for one forum to be slightly more accepting and next thing you know its largely flatulent homosexuals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I have met three goons in real life. The first two were stereotypical neckbeards who should NOT have been in public. One of them pulled a huge wad of snot out of his nose and refused a napkin when I offered it, trying to pretend it didn't happen. Then he smeared it under my table when he thought I wasn't looking. Then his little yappy dog (which he brought over without asking) fell off the cliff in my backyard, and he spent an hour trying to retrieve it.

The third guy I met last week and he was a real great guy. Took time to show my son and I how to play 40K.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Dregs posted:

I have met three goons in real life. The first two were stereotypical neckbeards who should NOT have been in public. One of them pulled a huge wad of snot out of his nose and refused a napkin when I offered it, trying to pretend it didn't happen. Then he smeared it under my table when he thought I wasn't looking. Then his little yappy dog (which he brought over without asking) fell off the cliff in my backyard, and he spent an hour trying to retrieve it.

The third guy I met last week and he was a real great guy. Took time to show my son and I how to play 40K.

Dude

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Dregs posted:

This is a beautiful post and should somehow be saved for posterity...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Like a "live, laugh, love" style wooden sign or something.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't stop laughing at cliff dog

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
It’s a great post. Look and learn lurkers.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is the doggo ok?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
The dog was fine. It's not a sheer cliff. It is just too steep for a human to walk up. You can clamber up it if you feel like some exercise, but no one ever does because at the bottom is nothing but thorny rear end wild blackberry and poison ivy. I didn't tell that goon that though, I let him go looking. It was dark as gently caress too.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Goons aren't bad people, they just smell bad.

e:

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 20, 2019

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:3:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
goons are generally okay despite being total knuckleheads about everything related to anime or women or mountains or china or dieting or the racist hotdog man but the goon people at GBS havent let me down when i seriousposted in here. thank god this site survived the amount of drama that it did and came out intact because i couldnt survive reddit its awful there

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

buglord posted:

goons are generally okay despite being total knuckleheads about everything related to anime or women or mountains or china or dieting or the racist hotdog man but the goon people at GBS havent let me down when i seriousposted in here. thank god this site survived the amount of drama that it did and came out intact because i couldnt survive reddit its awful there

This was a v good thread to bump.

Extremely relevant. At all times.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I always find it interesting thinking about goons. Despite the cool posters and the selfie thread my brain still equates goons (and internet posters in general) with shut in neck beards that smell. And like, that'll happen obviously, but it's not all goons are.

I think it's because I somehow think of myself that way as well. Despite being femme, hairless and fit. Hmmm. Realistically I think it's just because that's the stereotype that was confirmed when I met perpetually online people in reality (not organised god no, just ran into people who gladly let everyone know) and I just never recalibrated it.

Makes you think. About the fact that mods knew, really.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
This is probably the least toxic place on the internet.

Let that sink in.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The internet was a mistake.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

buglord posted:

good bump

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also RIP Burt

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I read through this thread and thought the exact same thing when I saw his post.

:sigh:

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

That's literally why I think they suck so much rear end at online games

Like literally they're too nice and don't want to hurt people to win the game

So some good, some bad

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

also a lot of them are way too off the deep end in leftist CSPAM brain

but i get it and love them and i love you LAP

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

CPL593H posted:

Let that sink in.

Well, for us, Mebbe, less so for people who join up and try to shill their game/thing/whatever and become chum.

hooliganesh
Aug 1, 2003

REPENT!

Literally A Person posted:

HOOLIGAN!

Never actually thought about that. :aaaaa:

HAY! You say that as though it's a bad thing!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hooliganesh posted:

HAY! You say that as though it's a bad thing!

:aaaaa:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

staberind posted:

Well, for us, Mebbe, less so for people who join up and try to shill their game/thing/whatever and become chum.

The best thing about this forum is that we're walled off from the rest of the internet. It's the only time where I can say that an internet community being insular is a positive.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
The main reason i cum here is people here dont do the “ironic” bigotry that so many forums do. its just posts about suckin dicks and chuds dying of COVID

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Nah I'm actually pretty awful, any goon who lets me into their house I basically take a tremendous steaming and screaming poo poo in their toilet and don't flesh or wipe and just leave.

So that's why any german goons out there I really wanna poo poo and run with a shelf crapper hit me up.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Let that sink in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

runnypoops posted:

The main reason i cum here is people here dont do the “ironic” bigotry that so many forums do. its just posts about suckin dicks and chuds dying of COVID

It’s 2021 and all that’s left is covid and slobbin hogs. Soon enough even the dong slurpin will be gone.

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

internet socialize

Hark at "Mr. Internet Socialite" here :tips fedora:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I'm sorry to say but OP is wrong. The vast majority of us are putting on a facade. I've never met a goon IRL but I have interacted with one offsite who is horrible. This place would turn into a clusterfuck of shock images, slurs, doxxing and personal attacks if the rules were gone for just a week.

It's the truth, accept it.

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Valko posted:

a clusterfuck of shock images, slurs, doxxing and personal attacks

:regd05:

Also, DNPPH (was earlier).

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Valko posted:

I'm sorry to say but OP is wrong. The vast majority of us are putting on a facade. I've never met a goon IRL but I have interacted with one offsite who is horrible. This place would turn into a clusterfuck of shock images, slurs, doxxing and personal attacks if the rules were gone for just a week.

Absolutely true. And each and every one of thinks that we're probably one of the few truly good ones here and everyone else is pretending or being dishonest.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i do stupid things

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Valko posted:

Then why hang with us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Valko posted:

yeah the office workers posting during work hours about their lunches/bowel movements would run this place off the rails!!!!!