Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i picked this game up on a whim that some random dude on the internet told me to and after playing a bit of the demo am absolutely floored by how good it is.

some other article online complained about how the villagers you recruit do a lot of the busy work. but that’s like the best part?? plopping down a blueprint and watching your people build it or having them build it while you go explore is the good poo poo!

in fact the best way to play a game is to partially automate it. thanks ffxi

the way i describe it to ppl is it’s like minecraft if it wasn’t poo poo

i don’t know why i posted this thread but i had to tell someone. brb my villagers need a toilet so i can harvest their poo poo for fertilizer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Minecraft is awesome you retard. Topic locked.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I liked the first game but didn't enjoy the boss fights at the end of each chapter cos you had to demolish or rebuild your town in specific ways just to beat them. Is it similar in this one?

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I liked the first game but didn't enjoy the boss fights at the end of each chapter cos you had to demolish or rebuild your town in specific ways just to beat them. Is it similar in this one?

No and anything that gets damaged in a battle is rebuilt instantly after it's over. The combat is pretty boring though and there's a lot of it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this games very cute but I couldnt bring myself to finish it. and yeah the combat is just thwacking things a few times and its not the focus of the game at all, the little enemy raids just add flavor

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The problem ends up being that large portions of the towns end up being taken over by large blueprint built buildings so the small portion of the town you actually get to build pales in comparison to the huge ornately detailed monuments they force you to build.

They try to make up for this by making a hub island that is fully customizable but its a big timesink in the end and not any better in this case than minecraft.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'll buy it when it comes out on steam courtesy of lord gaben and lord 90 year old japanese race supremicist and enjoy it

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I installed the demo on switch and the frame rate is bad. drat

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

extremebuff posted:

this games very cute but I couldnt bring myself to finish it. and yeah the combat is just thwacking things a few times and its not the focus of the game at all, the little enemy raids just add flavor

they made it a lil better than the last game by giving you a bunch of npcs to help you out but still yeah especially later in the game theres too much combat. like the third island you go to your town is just constantly being attacked.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SpaceAceJase posted:

I installed the demo on switch and the frame rate is bad. drat

i had it on switch and the only time it had frame dips was when there was a million torches on screen. not like you need 120fps for minecraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i beat this the other day and ended up s pending about 80 hours on it. had a blast. such a chill game, perfect switch game, even if it was a little laggy at times. I picked up DQB1 to see how it was and it kinda.. sucks...

like the height limit alone is 1/3 of DQB2 so the mountains and stuff are PATHETIc. however, it did run a lot better, I think 45+ FPS easily all the time. the combat is somehow worse, because you take a ton of damage just touching enemies, which I think its more forgiving in dqb2 if you're swinging your sword or something. also poo poo degrades, which is only annoying for the first two tiers of crap, by the time you get iron materials it doesn't matter. Also you can't swim. Or hold R2 to continually swing your hammer. you also run outta space way faster

welp That's my story thanks for listening