Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth: Thanks for the books - Disney War and Uzumaki, a manga.

I've heard enough about Disney War having plenty of juicy dirt and I've never read a manga before (though, I do know to read from the back to the front).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I hope you like it! Uzumaki is one of my favorite horror works of all time, Junji Ito is one of the only horror writers out there who manages to pull off the Lovecraftian style of unsettling weirdness without directly referencing back to Lovecraft himself, and Uzumaki is probably one of his best, a very color out of space-style tale of a town getting infected with geometry. If you’ve never read his stuff, you’re in for a treat!

As for DisneyWar, I’ve not fully read it myself, but the excerpts I’ve seen tell a very cool story about Eisner and Disney and the nature of America’s #1 megacorporation.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
As someone that never reads manga too, Uzumaki is dope and you’re in for a treat. And Disney War rules.

To my Santa: My neighbor is holding my gift for me til i get back in town on the 30th.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

I Before E posted:

Finally got this poster i got in last year's secret Santa framed, thanks again if that Santa is posting here.

It was me and that looks great! Sorry, I was in such a rush to get to the post office last year that the note I wrote got left out of the package.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I got a package today that I'm assuming is from my Santa, it's a book called "Taking Shape: Developing Halloween From Script to Scream" about the history of the Halloween franchise and it looks super cool. For some reason the awful app isn't cooperating today so no pic. Thanks mystery Santa! This will be a good excuse to re-watch the whole series.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

gey muckle mowser posted:

I got a package today that I'm assuming is from my Santa, it's a book called "Taking Shape: Developing Halloween From Script to Scream" about the history of the Halloween franchise and it looks super cool. For some reason the awful app isn't cooperating today so no pic. Thanks mystery Santa! This will be a good excuse to re-watch the whole series.

That was me! There was supposed to be a note with it.

I've been listening to a few different Halloween podcasts, and they kept referring to that book and how awesome and exhaustive it is. I hope you enjoy it!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Franchescanado posted:

That was me! There was supposed to be a note with it.

I've been listening to a few different Halloween podcasts, and they kept referring to that book and how awesome and exhaustive it is. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, this is really great! I was just flipping through it a bit and it looks awesome.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Awww hell yeah

im loving spoiled, this all looks great

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So I'm sitting in my recliner, watching Frasier before it leaves Netflix tomorrow, and I hear the sound of a package being left at my front door. I hobble over there and see an Amazon box.

I think to myself, "What the gently caress? I haven't ordered anything from Amazon in like a year." So I bring it over to my recliner and start tearing it open, noticing that the shipping label was addressed to "Timby."

I look for a note and I see this:

:crossarms:

Okay, well, I've ascertained that it is more than likely not an IED of some sort, so I continue working through the packaging, until I finally uncover...

:aaaaa:

I don't know who the hell sent this, but thank you. My God, thank you.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Owns hard.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
OK, I got stuff awhile ago but have been lazy

gey muckle mowser:

I have seen none of these movies and have heard good things about most of them (especially changeling). Thank you very much!

Pirate Jet:

Listen, normally if I got something I already had I would just be polite and not say anything but I just have to say that having lost all my blurays, the chances of you getting something I already had were staggering so I just have to look at it in wonder. It is a great gift though and I wouldn't have it if I hadn't had a bunch of insurance money right as the Criterion sale started a month a few months back. Still, it's obviously something I wanted so Thanks!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

I have no idea who my Santa was but I got home late from work to be greeted by a package.

Whoever you are, thank you so much! I have seen Mandy but I love it. It’s my favorite movie in a long time and I can’t wait to watch it again.

I haven’t seen the Guest but I’ve read good things and I’m excited to check it out. Thank you.

TheBizzness posted:

I also received a copy of House(1977) on Blu-Ray today which I’ve always wanted to see based on the reviews in the October Challenge thread.

But I’m either daft or there was again no sender info so it could be from the same Santa as yesterday’s films or maybe a different Santa. Who knows! Thanks though!

One of my Santee’s presents are on the way, should be there Friday or Saturday. The other I’m still waiting on 2 things but if they aren’t here soon I’ll just ship what I have and then ship the other items later.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Awww hell yeah

im loving spoiled, this all looks great

Oh and this was all me. Every year I just try to send movies I love and you two seemed down for whatever so I tried to have a variety. Enjoy!

(also thebizzness I think you should have received one more kind of awful thing I sent but you don't have to post it because it is kind of awful)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is it Twin Peaks related? If so it can’t be too awful cause I already owned one!

I moved recently though and have no idea where my old one was so worked out pretty good.

I’m literally watching Mandy as we speak and The Guest later tonight so thanks again for everything!

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 1, 2020

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it was that but I just can't be 100% sure how someone will react when being sent a Funko naked girl corpse.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

axelblaze posted:

Funko naked girl corpse.

:stare:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Funko Laura Palmer wrapped in plastic

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

axelblaze posted:

Pirate Jet:
Listen, normally if I got something I already had I would just be polite and not say anything but I just have to say that having lost all my blurays, the chances of you getting something I already had were staggering so I just have to look at it in wonder. It is a great gift though and I wouldn't have it if I hadn't had a bunch of insurance money right as the Criterion sale started a month a few months back. Still, it's obviously something I wanted so Thanks!

Oh, motherfucker. Do you want to exchange it for something else? I can try and see what we can figure out in Amazon’s return process. So sorry.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh don't worry about it at all. As I said it's a good gift, I was mia from the forums for most of the month and you included a gift reciept anyways so there really is absolutely no problem.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

axelblaze posted:

OK, I got stuff awhile ago but have been lazy

gey muckle mowser:

I have seen none of these movies and have heard good things about most of them (especially changeling). Thank you very much!

Enjoy! The Changeling is one of my favorite ghost story films, Christmas Evil is a holiday favorite in the horror thread, and Terrorvision is great cheesy fun.

Timby posted:

Okay, well, I've ascertained that it is more than likely not an IED of some sort, so I continue working through the packaging, until I finally uncover...

:aaaaa:

I don't know who the hell sent this, but thank you. My God, thank you.

:eyepop:
That’s amazing, you hit the secret Santa jackpot! I got that set from my partner and it is absolutely fantastic.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
jfc TheBizzness, lmao.

Thanks so much! Ang Lee is always welcome, liking Terminator 2 is a fundamental law of the universe, and I'm all about Panos Cosmatos but never owned a copy of Beyond the Black Rainbow for myself. I'll check out the rest when I can!

Happy holidays, CineD. Was a lot of fun participating with y'all.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pirate Jet posted:

jfc TheBizzness, lmao.

Thanks so much! Ang Lee is always welcome, liking Terminator 2 is a fundamental law of the universe, and I'm all about Panos Cosmatos but never owned a copy of Beyond the Black Rainbow for myself. I'll check out the rest when I can!

Happy holidays, CineD. Was a lot of fun participating with y'all.

drat, son, loosen your wristband.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Timby posted:

drat, son, loosen your wristband.

It's just the angle my wrist is bent. :v:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Egbert Souse, I think you are my SS? I don’t know any other posters with those initials. Thanks! Got back from holiday to find them waiting for me. Obscure, but in a good way! I’ve got a pile of BAFTA screeners to get through, then yours.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

therattle posted:

Egbert Souse, I think you are my SS? I don’t know any other posters with those initials. Thanks! Got back from holiday to find them waiting for me. Obscure, but in a good way! I’ve got a pile of BAFTA screeners to get through, then yours.

I was getting worried, but good to know you got them. Kind of was stumped what to get someone in the business since I figured you get screeners, so I hope you enjoy.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

TheBizzness posted:

Is it Twin Peaks related? If so it can’t be too awful cause I already owned one!

I moved recently though and have no idea where my old one was so worked out pretty good.

I’m literally watching Mandy as we speak and The Guest later tonight so thanks again for everything!

Hey there. Yes, you! I sent you something but it appears it hasn’t arrived. Or has it?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

therattle posted:

Hey there. Yes, you! I sent you something but it appears it hasn’t arrived. Or has it?

Was it the FNL box set? If so then yes it has and thank you! Loved that show but never finished it.

Awesome gift.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Holy poo poo, got my other santee's gift. Two t-shirts - one with the beings from They Live (WATCH TV) and another for the RR Cafe from Twin Peaks. William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist and Legion (the latter seems to be an original copy with the best author photo). DVD of Always Outnumbered (based on a Walter Mosley novel - I read Devil in a Blue Dress years ago and loved it). Also copy of Striptease by Carl Hiaasen. And the books were gift wrapped!

Sender is "Play It Again Sports" apparently. Thank you so much! Especially looking forward to the Blatty novels.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That was me and I hope you enjoy all that stuff!

You should be getting one more gift as well. I hope you like the movie, it’s one of those late night HBO in the 90s movies that only I’ve seen.

And looking at your letterbox trying to find something you haven’t seen is uhhhhh difficult.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

That was me and I hope you enjoy all that stuff!

You should be getting one more gift as well. I hope you like the movie, it’s one of those late night HBO in the 90s movies that only I’ve seen.

And looking at your letterbox trying to find something you haven’t seen is uhhhhh difficult.

Actually, I just found your blackmail note in the poster box. While I'm not exactly big on horror (not a snob against it, though), I'm 100% interested in reading the Blatty novels. I'm actually glad you found an older copy of Legion since it has that wonderful 80s typeface.

I will say it's great that this got delayed since there was a massive water leak/small flood in my apartment that somehow managed to completely miss my wall of posters and my video collection (literally the only ruined stuff besides some now smelly towels was a box of file folders). Very good chance all this would have been ruined had it come earlier.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 11, 2020

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Trying to pick gifts for you was incredibly intimidating so if you enjoy any of it at all I will consider that a huge win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

TheBizzness posted:

Was it the FNL box set? If so then yes it has and thank you! Loved that show but never finished it.

Awesome gift.

Oh great! It seemed from your post history that your main interest was football, and I heard that the show was excellent, and didn’t seem to be on any of the major streaming sites. Very pleased you never finished it!