Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Real question how do people manage to watch every episode of these tedious sitcoms and pay attention the whole time I've literally never accomplished that once in my whole life it seems impossible and pointless

Things were different back in the 90s, at least that's what people who remember them tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wizzanthos posted:

Things were different back in the 90s, at least that's what people who remember them tell me

There are people in PYF who have watched like all of the Andy Griffith show, that's insane, they watched in the modern streaming era, it's on Amazon Prime. Have you watched the Andy Griffith show? It's the most bland thing in existence.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You can at least give them credit for it being a unique experience, people that only watch the office or whatever are creepier.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ross was clearly the best character.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You can at least give them credit for it being a unique experience, people that only watch the office or whatever are creepier.

I can understand a dozen or two episodes but people will eat up like hundreds of episodes of a single show. I'm surprised none of them have tried to watch like decades worth of Days of Our Lives or The Young and the Restless or something.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Now that's a podcast.

Vast Moonscape
Sep 2, 2004

If only you knew the power of the painted toast
I want the clap as my text message tone, but I'll never hear it because my phone is always on silent.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Skinny Bins posted:

Are you referring to CHUMS?

You know, like Russ and Rebecca?

" I'll be there always, when the rain falls in Wales."

You know, CHUMS!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Wizzanthos posted:

The 90’s were depressing as gently caress. Not post-2016 depressing, just a slow burn of nothingness and recession and grunge. Frasier won 37 Emmys, people were desperate for anything to watch.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Management posted:

Frasier won 37 Emmys, people were desperate for anything to watch.
i had to fact check this. wow. i mean frasier isnt bad but...

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIXXlGQI-ig

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Melrose Place is the best 90s show, even Seinfeld watched it!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Melrose Place was tripe when compared to FRIENDS. Who the hell remembers Melrose Place? I don't. But drat if I don't remember at least six episodes of FRIENDS.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I only remember the FRIENDS went to Hootie and the Blowfish.

Maybe it was better than Melrose place :thunk:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Who wants to hear about who I found attractive in the 90s?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

The Management posted:

The 90’s were depressing as gently caress. Not post-2016 depressing, just a slow burn of nothingness and recession and grunge. Frasier won 37 Emmys, people were desperate for anything to watch.

drat...

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Who wants to hear about who I found attractive in the 90s?

*slowly raises hand*

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Lowtax's Theme posted:

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke
Your love life's D.O.A
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year, but :shrug:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The only good sitcom is the old Addams Family

Also, the Friends theme used to be on the radio all the time and I know probably a dozen people who bought that Rembrandts album just for the song lol

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

cause you're, there for me, tooo

Phoebe was the worst character.

Phoebe and Joey were the only well-adjusted people on the show. You're supposed to think Joey is comically stupid and Phoebe is 'waaaaacky', but you watch like three episodes and it's clear that, for all their quirks, those two are the only ones who don't just constantly sabotage and harm themselves and everyone else in their lives.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Phoebe and Joey were the only well-adjusted people on the show. You're supposed to think Joey is comically stupid and Phoebe is 'waaaaacky', but you watch like three episodes and it's clear that, for all their quirks, those two are the only ones who don't just constantly sabotage and harm themselves and everyone else in their lives.

On that note they're only sane lays in the group.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
how about, i won't be there for you (this thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

they understand their own limitations and live comfortably within them