Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

As a Patriot fan and thus a long time Brady fan, I don't think he's gonna be a big hit with his announcing gig. He'll try, he'll be in a ton of commercials and his marketing agency will no doubt get his face everywhere, but I don't think it will work. He exudes a foundational "fakeness" that people pick up on. He's not a natural, he's working it. It's the effort people sense. He'll succeed and have a long career (as long as he wants, which might not be that long), but it won't be any kind of pop culture breakout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A second bus has just hit the quarterback

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I didn't know u could post in threads this far back lol

At least as a necro thread I didnt realize you could. There are threads that are still going from as far back as 2010 I have seen, but they are posted in regularly.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Tom Brady sucks and I am forever ashamed of the Raiders organization

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Tom Brady sucks and I am forever ashamed of the Raiders organization

Because of "The Tuck"?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Because of "The Tuck"?

no because he's now a part-owner of the team he hosed over with the tuck to get to where he is

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

no because he's now a part-owner of the team he hosed over with the tuck to get to where he is

Oh yeah right. Haircut boy is the poorest owner in the league, isn't he?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

while I don't disagree with what's stated in the title,

Seth Pecksniff posted:

How the hell did you find this thread

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Oh yeah right. Haircut boy is the poorest owner in the league, isn't he?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Amusing (maybe only to me) bus anecdote.

I was working for a big huge corporation and they had kicked off a big documentation effort company wide. It was actually pretty genius, declaring that specific month documentation month and everyone had to focus on documenting all their procedures. They had kickoff meetings and merchandise, the works. One phrase my sectional supervisor kept using was "What would happen if you got hit by a bus? How would we know how to do your job?"

Anyways I was young and poor and cynical and also a tad suicidal and I came to the busy Park Street intersection in Boston one night, crossing the busy street against the crosswalk light, thinking I could make it.

To see two buses headed right at me. I could not make it across in time, nor could I go back. So I just stood straight up as both buses WOOOSHED past me by inches and my last thought on this beautiful world was going to be "OH NO, I DIDN'T DOCUMENT MY PROCESSES!!"

I didn't die though, obviously. But that thought has stuck with me for a long time now, my last thought was gonna be about loving work documentation. LAME!!!!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

"OH NO, I DIDN'T DOCUMENT MY PROCESSES!!"

god drat that's the worst feeling when you're looking down the barrel

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

god drat that's the worst feeling when you're looking down the barrel

Right? And you'll never really know till you're there, in that moment for real.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Is he the one dating that girl

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i think hes either gonna call someone a pussy or retarded in a slip of the tongue, get cancelled and lose his job but that will propel him to president

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Is he the one dating that girl

No

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

redshirt posted:

Amusing (maybe only to me) bus anecdote.

I was working for a big huge corporation and they had kicked off a big documentation effort company wide. It was actually pretty genius, declaring that specific month documentation month and everyone had to focus on documenting all their procedures. They had kickoff meetings and merchandise, the works. One phrase my sectional supervisor kept using was "What would happen if you got hit by a bus? How would we know how to do your job?"

Anyways I was young and poor and cynical and also a tad suicidal and I came to the busy Park Street intersection in Boston one night, crossing the busy street against the crosswalk light, thinking I could make it.

To see two buses headed right at me. I could not make it across in time, nor could I go back. So I just stood straight up as both buses WOOOSHED past me by inches and my last thought on this beautiful world was going to be "OH NO, I DIDN'T DOCUMENT MY PROCESSES!!"

I didn't die though, obviously. But that thought has stuck with me for a long time now, my last thought was gonna be about loving work documentation. LAME!!!!
Glad to hear you didn't get bussed. Which line was it? It's a good thing the 57 doesn't go near Park Street, the 57 is out for blood.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Thread title to the tune of No Children

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Great job OP, you've just made him stronger.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Seems like a nice fellow, I hope he does well

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
TOM BRADY HAS BROKEN OUT OF CONTAINMENT AND HE IS ON HIS WAY TO KISS YOU

DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR IF YOU HEAR A WET KNOCKING NOISE

ENSURE ALL GAPS ARE SEALED

IF HE FINDS YOU, YOU WILL BE KISSED AND DROWN IN HIS SALIVA

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

sudonim posted:

Glad to hear you didn't get bussed. Which line was it? It's a good thing the 57 doesn't go near Park Street, the 57 is out for blood.

A google tells me it was probably the 43.

Not only did I have the regret of my potential last thoughts, I also felt like a loser for not making it across the street in time, or going for it in the first place. Just all around failure. But hey, didn't get hit by a bus!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

redshirt posted:

As a Patriot fan and thus a long time Brady fan, I don't think he's gonna be a big hit with his announcing gig. He'll try, he'll be in a ton of commercials and his marketing agency will no doubt get his face everywhere, but I don't think it will work. He exudes a foundational "fakeness" that people pick up on. He's not a natural, he's working it. It's the effort people sense. He'll succeed and have a long career (as long as he wants, which might not be that long), but it won't be any kind of pop culture breakout.

I agree with this, unfortunate for Greg Olsen that he’s getting uprooted too. But it’s the goat so I get it

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
bussin (Tom br*dy) makes me feel good

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I agree with this, unfortunate for Greg Olsen that he’s getting uprooted too. But it’s the goat so I get it

I had no love for Olson but didn't hate him either. Good luck with the Commander games bro.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
he will be a good announcer because he'll be like tony romo but boring. the man isn't even a natural football star, he's just a huge dork whose brain is 99% football, like the girl from the queens gambit but football instead of chess. he'll call out all incoming the play fakes and stuff that the color commentators miss

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

he will be a good announcer because he'll be like tony romo but boring. the man isn't even a natural football star, he's just a huge dork whose brain is 99% football, like the girl from the queens gambit but football instead of chess. he'll call out all incoming the play fakes and stuff that the color commentators miss

There's rumors that CBS told Romo to stop calling out plays as it was confusing the dumb among the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

eSports Chaebol posted:

like the girl from the queens gambit but football instead of chess.

TB12 but instead of weird rear end diet and cyrofreezing or whatever now he is just pilled to the gills and calling plays 2 downs ahead of the game itself