Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phobic Nest posted:

(and video game?) references are amazing.

Oxy-chew was from the video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1247699138998927361?s=20

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Haha pretty cool if John Lewis to pick Strom Thurmond’s eulogizer over someone who marched with MLK and carried his ideals very cool of John Lewis to reach us the meaning of hypocrisy 👍

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oxy-chew was from the video game.

Yeah, I played the remake of the NES game and it was in there but apparently it was also in the old cartoon in some form?

I dunno, this is way off topic but I loves me the old Carl Barks Scrooge comics.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

gently caress, man. I'm glad I saw him perform as many times as I did. loving poo poo god dammit :(

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

LeeMajors posted:

It’s almost amazing how nakedly the Trump admin is going to extraordinary lengths to gently caress normal people. Just in every way possible. Threatening their lives, livelihood, shelter, FOOD....

Just daring us to riot and give them a well-deserved and aggressive haircut.

I had the "pleasure" to read a trumper post a few days back on facebook where people were worried about getting through because they had to call. It went something along the lines of "This shouldn't be important. People are dying. We should be concerned about that and how to stop it"
It's like these people live in an alternate universe where losing your job doesn't threaten the same outcome with the added steps of losing a home, food, health, and likely speeding up the ending by putting a gun in their mouths.
Either this person was well off and a bad day is when they have to drive the Jag because the Mercedes is being washed....or just totally clueless to how many people scrape a living together...or the answer I choose to go with, a lovely person that doesn't give a drat because they aren't worshipping her hero

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Phobic Nest posted:

Oxy-Chew is real my friend. We could all be kept alive indefinitely by a terrible-tasting treat, but that would be disastrous for the economy so let's just leave that option for our space mining slaves.

edit:

Apologies, I never saw much of the'80s show but read a poo poo-ton of old duck comics as a kid so I recently binged the current cartoon and loving loved it. I'm sure I'm missing a ton of references to the old cartoon but the comic book (and video game?) references are amazing.

I liked the old one when I was little but the new one is better in every way. New mrs. beakley is hysterical.

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug
USPOL Spring: I did not expect to be linked to a Duck-Tales wiki.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Arglebargle III posted:

Why do Republicans want to punish the WHO now?

Because they're an easy to blame source for big business daddy's fuckup handling of this

VH4Ever posted:

What? I wasn't aware of his backstory.

It's only bad to work in a bar at some point in your life if you're a girl and a Dem that's outspoken about the bullshit corruption in DC

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Alumnus Post posted:

USPOL Spring: I did not expect to be linked to a Duck-Tales wiki.

speaking of which: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919514