Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

ulvir posted:

lie: you can do anything you want to

truth: while social mobility is a thing most places, you’re still going to be limited by your socioeconomic status. school and academic achievements are very much linked to your parents background and education, and whether or not you can land higher positions will come down to your family’s and your personal network. it is certainly doable without that, but those rich kids have a pretty big headstart in life, and it’ll come down to pure luck and chance, and you’ll have to work at least twice as hard

actually my teacher straight up told me that my dreams of a space laser fortress were unobtainable. like, not because of any technological or socio-economic barrier, she just didn't think I could pull it off. and I have to admit that so far the "space" and "fortress" parts have proven elusive, but I do have a laser that is highly satisfying to me and my cat, for differing reasons.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarkar
You can't be drafted if you're an only child (and male)

tradjik

lie: you will make a good post one day

nut

tradjik posted:

lie: you will make a good post one day

truth: you will make two, maybe more, if u belief

ulvir

Manifisto posted:

actually my teacher straight up told me that my dreams of a space laser fortress were unobtainable. like, not because of any technological or socio-economic barrier, she just didn't think I could pull it off. and I have to admit that so far the "space" and "fortress" parts have proven elusive, but I do have a laser that is highly satisfying to me and my cat, for differing reasons.

when u think about it isn’t a room just space, and a home kind of like a cat fortress though

Gaston Bachelard

When the image is new, the world is new.
hey fam yall postin bad stuff about yselves gotta stop

yr teachers want you to be the best you, evne if they dont get what that is

they rly do! big promise from ya boi here

ulvir

as a high school teacher, the biggest lie i tell my pupils is that they will have a future

the truth is we’re loving everything up and by 2070 there’ll be nothing left but flooded cities, continent-wide droughts (except parts of Norway which will just constantly have record downpours for some reason) and record high heatwaves every single loving summer

nut

Bachelard rear end posted:

hey fam yall postin bad stuff about yselves gotta stop

yr teachers want you to be the best you, evne if they dont get what that is

they rly do! big promise from ya boi here

ty ricky rubio, u've been a good addition to phoenix

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
my rear end in a top hat geography teacher convinced me that there is a country named "yugoslavia", but i just checked and its nowhere on the map. what the heck mr. peterson?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nut

Nosfereefer posted:

rear end in a top hat geography

didn't know u could specialize

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

Booming field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

ulvir

nut posted:

how else will you be able to tell the diff between chasm, crevice and canyon?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
you can't be a ghost hunter when you grow up, it's not a real job :(

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

ulvir posted:

how else will you be able to tell the diff between chasm, crevice and canyon?

that's more rear end in a top hat topology

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
the twin towers in NYC were just knocked down this morning by terrorists and definitely not by current president George W. Bush

nut

Nosfereefer posted:

that's more rear end in a top hat topology

bottomology

Starshark
My science teacher in second grade genuinely told us that the reason lakes freeze from the top down is because if they didn't all the plants would die and I'm still loving mad about it. Thanks for setting off my ptsd, thread.

ulvir

:sidvicious:

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Starshark posted:

My science teacher in second grade genuinely told us that the reason lakes freeze from the top down is because if they didn't all the plants would die and I'm still loving mad about it. Thanks for setting off my ptsd, thread.

i got kicked out of 3rd grade in Belize for arguing with the teacher that ice is in fact a solid and that she was COMPLETELY missing the point of phases of matter

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

owlhawk911 posted:

i got kicked out of 3rd grade in Belize for arguing with the teacher that ice is in fact a solid and that she was COMPLETELY missing the point of phases of matter

Ice isn't a solid, it's a baby. A nice, nice baby.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

ice is the plasma form of 'water' which is the solid version of vapor. it has two hydrogens for every oxygen, which i think is an incredibly kind gesture to those little oxygens

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

imagine if every poster was given two smaller orbital posters. the perfect permanent posting pals

google THIS

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

imagine if every poster was given two smaller orbital posters. the perfect permanent posting pals

My posting quality would go up immensely because I'd be the universal lolvent.

The MUMPSorceress

^SHTPSTS

kindergarteners can't read chapter books

got my first suspension for proving that b word wrong

Thanks City of Glompton for the glorious sig

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Ice isn't a solid, it's a baby. A nice, nice baby.

google THIS posted:

My posting quality would go up immensely because I'd be the universal lolvent.

these are both so good in such different ways. i love you guys

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

tradjik

my society and environment teacher in high school tried to tell us that mushrooms got u high by cutting off the oxygen supply to your brain

i knew he was wrong though sorry for the off topic post

Nosfereefer

i hear you man. the actual effects of psilocybine is the spores taking root in your brain. anyone who ingests it will inevitably get their brain matter entirely replaced by fungi matter, at which point they climb to the top of the highest local point to spread their infection to others

grim stuff

Escape From Noise

Nosfereefer posted:

i hear you man. the actual effects of psilocybine is the spores taking root in your brain. anyone who ingests it will inevitably get their brain matter entirely replaced by fungi matter, at which point they climb to the top of the highest local point to spread their infection to others

grim stuff

How long would this take... theoretically

Nosfereefer

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

How long would this take... theoretically

on average after ingestion? i'd say...

28 days later :O

Escape From Noise

Nosfereefer posted:

on average after ingestion? i'd say...

28 days later :O

Dodged it!

Macnult

I really liked Georgia O’keeffe and was sent to the principal’s office for drawing one of her flower paintings by memory. I was seven years old and they wouldn’t elaborate as to why it was inappropriate. Instead, they told me that only girls are allowed to draw flowers unless the teacher gives boys permission.

Macnult

danny and nathan scribbling dicks on their desks while i demonstrate true rebellion by drawing a sunflower

Escape From Noise

Macnult posted:

danny and nathan scribbling dicks on their desks while i demonstrate true rebellion by drawing a sunflower

Korean Boomhauer
LIE: poop/fart jokes are not funny

Korean Boomhauer
LIE: if you keep making that face, it will get stuck like that forever

TRUTH: it goes back on its own after a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

lie: you need to wash your mouth with soap young man

truth: words don’t have germs dumbas,s owned bithc