Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Money can't buy everything :smug:

Come on, we clearly got 400 million quid worth of entertainment out of Neymar crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Decent game of football and neymar cried, can't ask for more than that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Infidel Castro posted:

gently caress off Neymar

Shrapnig posted:

Almost €400m on just Neymar and Mbappe alone

Insurrectionist posted:

gently caress PSG imo

Shrapnig posted:

Delicious Neymar tears

Der Shovel posted:

Get hosed PSG.
Get hosed Neymar.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

pik_d posted:

Worse news for PSG, they've never scored in a Champions' League final.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Der Shovel posted:

Get hosed PSG.
Get hosed Neymar.

Bayern fan for over 20 years. Feels like I have hated Neymar even longer. What a night. Not fun though. I feel more relieved than excited. Even as I drunkenly come to the SA Football forum for the first time ever lol. I was unable to watch in 2013, so my only Bayern finals memories are 2012, 2010, 1999, and taping 2001 on VHS while I was in school, and the tape cut off during the penalties because it wasn't long enough for the entire game plus ET and pens.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nimmy posted:

Bayern fan for over 20 years. Feels like I have hated Neymar even longer. What a night. Not fun though. I feel more relieved than excited. Even as I drunkenly come to the SA Football forum for the first time ever lol. I was unable to watch in 2013, so my only Bayern finals memories are 2012, 2010, 1999, and taping 2001 on VHS while I was in school, and the tape cut off during the penalties because it wasn't long enough for the entire game plus ET and pens.

Post more, friend. Hello, and congratulations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Nimmy posted:

Congrats and I hope you enjoy in a socially distant manner.

3peat
May 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1297644385442639874

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

drat that’s petty as gently caress. I love it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Starks posted:

drat that’s petty as gently caress. I love it.

There's no limit to how petty Marseille are about this rivalry, it's part of the reason why it's my favourite rivalry.

Also LOL at everything. Good job Bayern, and the fact that the winning goal was Kingsley Coman is just :discourse:.

I'm just so loving happy that since 2018 I don't have to hear any god-damned more about Neymar being the next Messi or whatever-the-gently caress.

So here's a fun story about the PSG-Marseille rivalry:

In 1993, Marseille won the Champions League, but they had a ruthlessly corrupt owner named Bernard Tapie who wouldn't leave anything to chance and deny them this title, especially since they lost the European Cup final in 1991 to a Red Star Belgrade team playing for extra time and penalties (fair play to them, their strategy worked amazingly well). So Tapie bribed the last team Marseille faced, Valenciennes, to go easy on them so they could be at their best against Milan.

What this has to do with PSG is, when this was uncovered, Marseille lost the French league title for the season and it was, by default, offered to the #2 team, which was PSG. But it turns out that PSG was owned by Canal+ that had a substantial subscriber base in...Marseille. And rather than risk losing those subscribers, Canal+ decided to pass on receiving the league title, so the French First Division champion for 1993 is officially nobody.

Incidentally, Arsene Wenger might still hate Bernard Tapie more than he hates Jose Mourinho. He spent years bitching about how corrupt Marseille were when he managed Monaco.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This owns

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
is it worth spiking the pandemic to group lol at neymar?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is it worth spiking the pandemic to group lol at neymar?

There were riots in Paris last night (of course) after the loss so it looks they are doing it for us.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

What this has to do with PSG is, when this was uncovered, Marseille lost the French league title for the season and it was, by default, offered to the #2 team, which was PSG. But it turns out that PSG was owned by Canal+ that had a substantial subscriber base in...Marseille. And rather than risk losing those subscribers, Canal+ decided to pass on receiving the league title, so the French First Division champion for 1993 is officially nobody.

This not being a story about an Italian team is baffling to me.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gigi Galli posted:

Rangers fans loving hate Marseille. Cheating cunts.

Remember when it came out that in Spain teams were buying clubs like Valenciennes presents for playing well

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
That was a piss poor game. If flops were billable offenses, these two cunts would have left psg destitute.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

once in a while France managed to match Italy for football craziness.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

First half was entertaining. PSG melted down second half and are lucky they weren’t routed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
excellent result, 2013 seems an eternity ago. Glad Lewa finally got his CL and a treble on top.