Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
alright, so just like with the Witcher 3 I'm super late to this. never played a persona game before, had no idea what it was, but it was $20 on the playstation store and i figured why not.

so this game loving rules and i'm just getting to the end of the first palace. i was almost at the point where i thought "oh god is this just a bunch of text followed by linear battles" but then the actual time management poo poo opened up and im feeling it big time. also the story for the first palace is good and i didnt expect a weird pedophile abusive teacher story to pop up in this game.

lets talk persona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No thanks, pervert.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I have a brain disease that makes me get to the very end of RPGs and never finish them and I currently have a save file I haven't touched in over a year in the last dungeon of P5 but it's good poo poo. If you like it now you'll probably like it even more later on, even if it feels like it's now "opened up" you'll get a lot more options than you have now going forward. They also did a good job starting strong with the first dungeon and major villain, the plot has its ups and downs but the first palace makes a good impression

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Wormskull posted:

No thanks, pervert.

i said persona, not fursona

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Alas gamer, this game is garbage. Only a couple of the episodic dungeon storylines are good. The overall storyline is bad and disjointed and undercuts itself at every turn. The translation is an embarassment for something produced in 2017 by a company that was generally know for its good translations. The combat is good tho. And the soundtrack is great.

Anyway I suggest you repent for the sin of jrpg by praying to Christ "Christ" Avellone until your bmessed by a vision of a floating talking skull whose text box says stuff like Thats not my swedish penis enlarger pump baby, and This parrot is an ex-parrot, etc.

mysterious loyall X fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 19, 2019

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
lyles right but the parts it does hit are the ones that are actually important to a persona game

maybe they'll fix the script in the royal lol

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Alas gamer, this game is garbage. Only a couple of the episodic dungeon storylines are good. The overall storyline is bad and disjointed and undercuts itself at every turn. The translation is an embarassment for something produced in 2017 by a company that was generally know for its good translations. The combat is good tho. And the soundtrack is great.

Anyway I suggest you repent for the sin of jrpg by praying to Christ "Christ" Avellone until your bmessed by a vision of a floating talking skull whose text box says stuff like Thats not my swedish penis enlarger pump baby, and This parrot is an ex-parrot, etc.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

lyles right but the parts it does hit are the ones that are actually important to a persona game

maybe they'll fix the script in the royal lol

Some of the slinks are all right like shogi girl and bullying the fanboy I guess.

Its an 80 hour game if you do the no clip any percent speed run tho and most of that is terrible writing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never finished this game bc the story pissed me off too much. but it has the best menus ever and i listen to the soundtrack still

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i enjoy the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol but also

elf help book posted:

i enjoy the game

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

i played planescape torment when it was originally released

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

persona: where to start (?)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i played planescape torment when it was originally released

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
https://twitter.com/Atlus_jp/status/1212025628398170114
didnt know where else to post this, win incoming 2020

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

All it says is two standard set phrases that mean nothing. Smt 5 doeant exist

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Sadly and despite all it's flaws Persona 5 is still the most playable of any of the games

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
When I play Persona 5, I slip into a transcendental meditative state.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
OP i also bought Persona 5 for $20 but haven't played it because busy with Persona 2 which has a good translation because fans did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Strikers looks good as hell