Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ah, yes, my favorite game, "Yurika finds out how many kills she can get in one turn".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Ah, yes, my favorite game, "Yurika finds out how many kills she can get in one turn".

Yurika nothing, I always put Ruri in command.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
For the sake of comparison, Touya/Calvina typically ends up with 5x more kills than Nadesico in my playthroughs.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Redeem the Coustwell for not being a protag unit in Moon Dwellers. Dump Touya in the Coustwell. Favorite the only series that matters: Tekkaman Blade.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Calvina in the Bellzelute

Favorite:

Nadesico
SEED
Brain Powerd

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
So I haven't updated this for a month, what gives?

What gives is that with the political situation in the world, I don't want to deal with J's series' plots or characters.

I don't want to deal with a hamfisted BOTHSIDES narrative from SEED.

I don't want to deal with the concentrated asshattery and sketchy morals of Nadesico.

I don't want to deal with SEED and Nadesico's terrible :BOTHSIDES: plots while putting up with Dr. Hell, ZAFT attacking an attempt to rescue children from Dr. Hell, and the Jovians from Nadesico teaming up with the Gradosians from Layzner to genocide everyone on Earth and Mars. I really, really, do not want to deal with this poo poo.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I mean fair, J does suffer far too much from playing it's series too straight (and having SEED in it at all. Really there's no good political climate for SEED).

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 25, 2020

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Onmi posted:

I mean fair, J does suffer far too much from playing it's series too straight (and having SEED in it at all. Really there's no good political climate for SEED).

Well, if you're the UC Federation or Gjallarhorn, it might be the right political climate, if only so you have someone to point to to go "See? We're sane, rational, and outright heroic! In comparison, I mean."

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Ultimately, SEED and Nadesico feel to me like products of the Unjust Peace that Oshii talked about in Patlabor 2- a kind of arrogant love of peace at any cost that it is seen as something desirable to be gained at any cost no matter what has to be given up or who has to die to get it.

War is bad. That's evident to everyone. The people who fight wars aren't doing it for fun, and beyond the people who don't want to be there, you have the people who are fighting, just as much as the protagonists, for a better future. Its less egregious in SEED, where both sides are raving stereotypes so that PERFECT NOT!JAPAN can look like the best; but in Nadesico, where the Jovians have carried out genocide and intend to keep doing it, and their high command is actively trying to reject peace talks, where most of the people fighting for earth DON'T know about the dark secret of the Jovians? It comes off as, at best, arrogance. On the main it looks like callous indifference.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Mar 26, 2020

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit
Start with Toya in the Granteed.

Favorite Series
Mazinkaiser
Combattler V
Gundam SEED

I honestly didn't know this was a thing. Thanks for going ahead and doing this game! XD

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

nightelf_37 posted:

I honestly didn't know this was a thing.

Fivemarks posted:

So I haven't updated this for a month, what gives?

What gives is that with the political situation in the world, I don't want to deal with J's series' plots or characters.

Prolly cuz the OP ended it before it could really begin. There's a reason the last post in this was back in March.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

BisbyWorl posted:

Prolly cuz the OP ended it before it could really begin. There's a reason the last post in this was back in March.

Of 2020.

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit

BisbyWorl posted:

So, my first post here counted as Necroposting?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It was p necro. Might as well have lit a few candles and started chanting in Latin.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
gently caress it, I'll restart this. No reason not to, really.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Well, I guess a necropost did some good for once, then.
Good to see this actually started, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit

Fivemarks posted:

gently caress it, I'll restart this. No reason not to, really.

Thanks a lot! :amen: