Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Every once in a while I like to look at Adrian Peterson college highlights. Dude was a loving alien, it's like watching Barry Bonds in his peak steroid years.

https://youtu.be/rzuyoutBZYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I think the Titans at one point this season led the NFL in negative yard plays.

Doesn't Barry Sanders have the most negative yard plays in NFL history?

Makes you think

shirts and skins posted:

Every once in a while I like to look at Adrian Peterson college highlights. Dude was a loving alien, it's like watching Barry Bonds in his peak steroid years.

https://youtu.be/rzuyoutBZYI

Two men who liked to use wooden objects to hit the gently caress out of some balls

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Is it possible to take an OLineman and convert him to RB and just have him squash everyone holding onto him as he bumbles forward to the endzone? Or perhaps what if Vince Wilfork in his prime was an RB? I imagine strategically once you get him past the front lines of the defense only the heavier Linebackers would take him down if they double/triple teamed....but if you could somehow get him to the secondary he could be home free...until a couple linebackers catch up to him. But by then you've probably got a 1st down at least.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 1, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gatts posted:

Is it possible to take an OLineman and convert him to RB and just have him squash everyone holding onto him as he bumbles forward to the endzone? Or perhaps what if Vince Wilfork in his prime was an RB? I imagine strategically once you get him past the front lines of the defense only the heavier Linebackers would take him down if they double/triple teamed....but if you could somehow get him to the secondary he could be home free...until a couple linebackers catch up to him. But by then you've probably got a 1st down at least.

"once you get past the front line".

The 320lb dude can get up to a faster pace in the open field then any of us, (only slower then... everyone else on the field), but his acceleration is poo poo and he can't cut worth a drat to get there. A lot of them were running backs in youth leagues, but even if you see one of these guys running at you, you just dive into their legs and that sucks to take, but nobody's trying to just hop on and ride 'em to the ground.

You kinda see what you're getting at with fullback dives on like 3rd and 1, but even there, if the defense expects it at all (which they will when you line up tubby in the backfield) they just stack the line and you want a dude who can get low and make fast cuts to find that tiny gap to squeeze into because you just aren't making room in the meat pile like that otherwise.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
You have described William Perry.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kalli posted:

"once you get past the front line".

The 320lb dude can get up to a faster pace in the open field then any of us, (only slower then... everyone else on the field), but his acceleration is poo poo and he can't cut worth a drat to get there. A lot of them were running backs in youth leagues, but even if you see one of these guys running at you, you just dive into their legs and that sucks to take, but nobody's trying to just hop on and ride 'em to the ground.

You kinda see what you're getting at with fullback dives on like 3rd and 1, but even there, if the defense expects it at all (which they will when you line up tubby in the backfield) they just stack the line and you want a dude who can get low and make fast cuts to find that tiny gap to squeeze into because you just aren't making room in the meat pile like that otherwise.
it reminds me of domata peko on the bengals lining up at fb on goal line sets. he was just wildly violent, had huge explosive hits and drove directly at defenders......and didnt move them at all cause he had absolutely zero technique and mostly just bounced off the guy despite doling out a lot of brain damage to himself and the other dude. fun to watch tho. ravens legend domata peko

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Corey Scheslinger on the Lions in NFL 2K5 was unstoppable in short yardage situations exactly for that reason.

But wouldn't work in reality.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Highbrow Slick posted:

You have described William Perry.

https://www.chicagobears.com/video/nfl-100-greatest-no-79-william-the-refrigerator-perry-hammers-in-a-td-run-in-sup

Here's the video

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Shoulda been Walter

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

If that's true I can't wait til he's on the patriots

You're getting Eifert this offseason, don't be greedy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of giant running backs what was that dude the Giants had who was kinda in the Henry mold Jacobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Speaking of giant running backs what was that dude the Giants had who was kinda in the Henry mold Jacobs?

Brandon Jacobs, yeah.