Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tony Hawk's Underground is a sicknasty 2003 skateboarding game developed by legendary skate-game developer Neversoft. In an evolution from the previous Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game series, Neversoft added features such as... getting off of the board. It may not sound like much but it actually makes a huge difference in getting around the larger, more complex levels and varies up the mission structure a lot more from the goal systems in previous games. The game follows Steve, a New Jersey burnout, and his gently caress-up friend Eric as they attempt to pursue careers in professional skateboarding, back when skateboarding was near the zenith of its cultural influence. It's hammy, full of very bad jokes and absurd easter eggs, but it's a classic and is easily in my top 3 games of the series. This will be a pretty casual video LP, as me and my cohost landgrabber take a walk down memory lane. We plan to divide the videos between pretty direct, beat-the-level-through videos where we stick to the main story and more relaxed clean-up videos where we revisit levels to complete any missions we missed and any secrets/easter eggs we didn't delve into. We've both beat this game dozens of time, though I haven't played it in a while. But the story is etched into my brain, and it will never leave my memory, god rest my soul.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Hey friends (?) I'm here as well. I'm the lifeless one who talks less often and stammers a bunch.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This was a huge part of my childhood and why I made a very shoddy attempt at becoming a skater so I am on hand for it!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I've spent a not insignificant amount of time playing this game, it is one of my all-time favorites. Great commentary so far.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Big Scary Owl posted:

I've spent a not insignificant amount of time playing this game, it is one of my all-time favorites. Great commentary so far.

Glad you're liking the commentary so far. George Kansas and I both tried LPs of this game as pre-pubescent children and it's been a long time since either of us have seriously attempted a let's play, so it's good to know it's working out so far!

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

We recorded several more of these, I just need to edit them and have ADD. Bear with me!

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Manhattan video out; I sat on a needle before recording this one so I should be a little livelier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI9pxPJZBVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

One of the most solid levels in all of Tony Hawk? We think so. Join us as we do some no comply's, commit some insurance fraud, and do some sick tricks at seventy-eight water.