Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's a new decade and I finished out the old one singing Motorhead karaoke at my local dive bar. Good luck everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Went to bed early because I knew the dogs would wake up to piss early. Didn't get nuked by KJU, 5/10.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I’m hung over and Trump is still President, 2020 is off to a shaky start so far.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Slept in missed breakfast and I didn’t even drink last night What the gently caress?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

rabbit rabbit

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

eat a dick 2020

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Twenty-Twenty!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well it's a few hours in and the Earth hasn't exploded yet. So that's nice.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well it's a few hours in and the Earth hasn't exploded yet. So that's nice.

2020 already disappoints.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hannibal Rex posted:

2020 already disappoints.

If there's no earth, there's no dogs :colbert:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I'm visiting my uncle in the middle of nowhere, Colorado. Started 2020 watching Buckaroo Banzai and hanging out with my uncle's giant fat cats.

2020 is already better than 2019.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Stomach is fine again, but now I have some form of mouth rot or whatever the gently caress. 2020 kicking off good

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I rang in the new year watching Geralt basically declare an unborn child his property.

That was a unique NYE, but not particularly exciting. And considering how often my Ring app used to go ballistic because everything thinks everything sounds like a gunshot and they treat that app like social media, I'm really surprised at how few fireworks/gunshots I heard the whole night.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Yesterday was my birthday and my crazy right wing older brother called and he started asking me about my grad school project for the Anti Defamation League. As expected it went straight to poo poo and he started yelling about the media being the real nazis and George Soros eating babies. We’re Jewish white dudes btw...

So basically 2020 will continue to delve into the void.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

I rang in the new year watching Geralt basically declare an unborn child his property.

That was a unique NYE, but not particularly exciting. And considering how often my Ring app used to go ballistic because everything thinks everything sounds like a gunshot and they treat that app like social media, I'm really surprised at how few fireworks/gunshots I heard the whole night.

I finished on exactly the same episode. It took me like two and a half episodes to figure out we're dealing with multiple timelines here. The fight scenes are pretty dope, though.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I finished on exactly the same episode. It took me like two and a half episodes to figure out we're dealing with multiple timelines here. The fight scenes are pretty dope, though.

I figured out the multiple timelines there too. Ageless characters still make it difficult to piece together what happens when. It does get more linear after that episode. Still a well done show.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/university-of-wisconsin-race-video.html

quote:

MADISON, Wis. — The video was just two minutes long: a sunny montage of life at the University of Wisconsin’s flagship campus in Madison. Here were hundreds of young men and women cheering at a football game, dancing in unison, riding bicycles in a sleek line, “throwing the W” for the camera, singing a cappella, leaping into a lake.

“Home is where we grow together,” a voice-over said. “It’s where the hills are. It’s eating our favorite foods. It’s where we can all harmonize as one. Home is Wisconsin cheese curds. It’s welcoming everyone into our home.”

Days before Homecoming Week, the student homecoming committee, tasked with producing the video, posted it online. The outrage was almost instantaneous. Virtually every student in the video was white.

This reminds me of that hellscape sorority bid video. What sucks is that this will serve as an example for conservatives to use as minorities requiring special treatment despite the extreme implicit racial bias. WI doesn't seem to be a state that's getting better either :smithfrog:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Suicide Watch posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/01/us/university-of-wisconsin-race-video.html

This reminds me of that hellscape sorority bid video. What sucks is that this will serve as an example for conservatives to use as minorities requiring special treatment despite the extreme implicit racial bias. WI doesn't seem to be a state that's getting better either :smithfrog:

Was that the one that South Park mocked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USShHXK21ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo7CgWH8jX4

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Godholio posted:

:lol: same

I didn't even want to watch the Witcher, the rest of my friends did and welp there I was

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Current Events:

Sun looks like something out of Sunshine. Those fires in aussie are no joke.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1212169086333005824?s=19

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

That somehow took less time than i figured it would for him to profit off being a complete piece of poo poo.

Edit: there's supposedly a review system for reviews. We'll see

Stravag fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 1, 2020

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Retired Doctor, Josef Mengele

Retired Entertainer, Jimmy Sevile

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A salty frog should die quickly.

Dudes bad at biology.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Hawaiian shirt with a dead child print.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Our Puppy got out last night, so I have spent most of the last 15 hours trying to find her dumbass. She's now home, safe and sound, eating all the foods and falling asleep getting pets.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We finished the Witcher last night, the expanse like the week before. I heard about the timeline jumping before going in, but didn't figure it out until like the 3rd episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I've been doing stuff all day and just now found that there are two CE threads but a ruling needs to be made:

As of when I started this post, the other CE thread has the most recent post, therefore I am ruling it the one true CE Thread.