Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

BounceBanana posted:

Now that sounds more like my experiences.

Needs more introductory ball taps to match mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I’ve got some ball taps for you.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
im going to die of irony poisoning if it turns out that waiting in line at the armory to draw weapons at FMT-B West gave me PTSD. hahahahahahha

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
No comment

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
Simper Pie

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
idk

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'm opening a new store front at the old MCX video store.

It's called C'MON YOU APES

YOU WANNA SAVE FOREVER ?"

(THE ANSWER IS YES)

Full neon. We sell discount energy drinks and premium cum-adjacent tchotchkes

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
Shock advised.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Silent Lucidity just randomly popped into my streaming music and I haven’t heard that song in 20 years I think.

I’m totally transported back to my cot in Somalia trying to sleep in 105F heat in the middle of the day with my Walkman after patrols all night.

I’m wrecked.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

These are the things we must contemplate when there have been no thread deployments for months

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thread deployment was a good time, hell yeah

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
Absolute banger of a float story from a post to Defector today:

quote:

This story takes place in 2001 (before September 11th) aboard the USS Boxer somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. I was a Marine Corps Private First Class on a "WESTPAC" deployment. On these deployments, you’re assigned to a daily duty-section, numbers 1-4. Duty-section basically means that after your 12-hour shift working your MOS, you then report to your duty-section muster to do poo poo like cleaning the officers’ berthing, mopping and cleaning the decks in various areas of the ship, scraping and painting corrosion prone areas, etc... It all takes about two hours. And because the system rotates through the four sections daily you do these tasks every four days.

You also have about 200 other Navy and Marine Corps personnel in your duty-section of ranks E1-E5, with an E6 that typically runs the show. As one would imagine, the shittiness of the task you get assigned tends to be dictated by your rank. Some clumsy as gently caress second Lieutenant trips and spills an entire 20-ounce bottle of dip spit onto the floor in his room? That job’s going to a private or PFC like myself. And so we begin:

My duty section staff sergeant explains there is a problem with the head in the forward berthing. He points to me and then the other lowest ranking Marine. We snap to attention and fall out toward the petty officer.

The other Marine and I are lead to the berthing in question which immediately sucks because this is one of the infantry berthings. Infantry Marines are the real Marines that do real Marine Corps poo poo. The private and I are POG Marines who do poo poo that the Air Force could probably do better, and we are generally not liked by the real Marines. The petty officer leads us through the grunt berthing, past the area with all the bunks and into the head where the sinks are located. The petty officer deliberately and intentionally stops a good 10 feet short of the door to the latrines, simply points in that direction, says "in there," and walks off.

The private and I proceed through the hatch and into the latrine area and sweet loving Christ on a pogo stick we are greeted with an absolutely VILE smell and scene. Apparently something about the heavy seas we experienced the previous night (departing Guam) caused all 10 of these toilets to overflow from the waste tanks. We are standing in a legit inch of water/piss/poo poo/toilet paper (and likely semen) cocktail covering the ENTIRETY of the deck. And because the boat is always rocking a bit the wads, of toilet paper and the various sized poo poo logs are moving back and forth with the motion in some sort of hellish fecal ballet. We stare in disbelief, trying to fully comprehend the task before us. Just then, one of the grunt Marines sticks his head in, looks me dead in the eyes, laughs out loud, and says "You guys are so hosed."

I spend the next 90 minutes using the dust pan in my right hand to chase and corral the poo logs and toilet paper chunks, corner them against a bulkhead, lift and carefully walk them to the nearest toilet to dump them in. This process gets repeated at least a hundred times in that 90 minutes. Meanwhile, the other private is mopping up the fluid portion of the mess and dumping the bucket out into the nearest toilet every time it gets full. We are both randomly dry-heaving violently, and wearing the same loving boots we will have to wear 10 hours from now when our actual jobs need to be done. We’re also dejected from the infantry guys popping in every few minutes to laugh in our faces.

When we finished cleaning and sanitizing, we sprinkled an entire bottle of Aqua Velva aftershave on the floor. Even then, it STILL smelled like someone drew a poo poo mustache under our noses. The whole ordeal haunts my dreams to this day.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is this getting summa dat grunt poo poo?

hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

USMC Infantry made me the man I am today

(swivels in chair, spooge and stool spraying everywhere)