Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Sup C-SPAM,

I'm not too big on politics despite having strong political beliefs, but I guess that's how it works for most people in general. Anyway, like the thread title says, I'm trying to find some more nicknames that have stemmed from the world of politics. For example, Obamacare. It's actually called the Affordable Care Act, but everyone knows it as Obamacare. Where did that come from? Was it developed by a "names guy"? There are probably more recent examples of this, and if there are I'd love to know about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Tricky Dick

W/R/T the time period of Richard Nixon, it sounds like the name of a smooth operating detective. Unfortunately, it's not. You look up "Tricky Dick" and you either get a picture of an interesting phallus or whoever this is

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ioseb Besarionis dzе Jughashvili changed his name as a young Marxist activist to Stalin for the Russian word "stal" or steel. It's a communist rule that you need to adopt a brutalist pseudonym that has some relation to material things

My name for instance is Gus Granitedick

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
Lyin Hillary , Liddle Marco, Sleepy Joe :smugdon:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Ioseb Besarionis dzе Jughashvili changed his name as a young Marxist activist to Stalin for the Russian word "stal" or steel. It's a communist rule that you need to adopt a brutalist pseudonym that has some relation to material things

My name for instance is Gus Granitedick

That explains why people either love or hate Brutalism. I for sure wouldn't enjoy an artistic movement if it gave me a lovely nickname.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
crazy bernie

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
it's fun to give politicians nicknames! You can even make up words if you want THERES NO RULES!

Garglin Gaetz

Jiggleham Jordan

Jizz Giuliani

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
some funny material for sure in this thread lets keep it going

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!
not a lot of people know this but jefferson davis was known among his closest cronies as "CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN". no idea about the origins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

meatball ron